ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recent approval letters

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rella

Recent approval letters

Post by rella » Tue May 17, 2005 1:01 pm

Would those of you who have had recent approvals, either in-country or out-of-country, please tell us if the letters specified that the next step is either FLR-IED or EC or was it generic, telling you to do one or the other, depending on your circumstances?

Someone posted sometime back that their friends had received letters that could be used for either FLR or EC and I'm wondering if the HO is continuing with this pattern.

Also -- are any other late March applicants still waiting for a decision?

Many thanks.

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Tue May 17, 2005 5:36 pm

Hi rella,

Exact wordings are,
If you are outside the United kingdom at present you must now make an application for entry clearance to come to the UK under HSMP. The entry clearance application should be submitted to the British Embassy, High Commision or consulate in your country of residence and this document should be presented in support of that application. The entry clearance must be made within 3 months of the date of this latter.
If you are residing in the United Kingdom at present, and eligible to switch your immigration status to HSMP. you are now required to complete form FLR(IED) to apply for further leave to remain in the United Kingdom. If you are not eligible to switch immigration status you should return overseas and make an entry clearance application.

Hope this will help

regards,

ME

Mann
Newly Registered

Post by Mann » Wed May 18, 2005 4:39 am

Rella,

Even I got the approval recently and it was generic. It not even mentioned how many points I scored. All it said that "you fulfil the terms for the qualifying criteria" and then they mentioned that if you are applying from outside, need to get EC withing 3 months and if its Inside applcant, need to submit the FLR.

Did u get some other message ?

Mann..

rella

Post by rella » Wed May 18, 2005 8:12 am

Thanks, guys.

Mann, our story is long and convoluted. To make it as brief as possible... my hubby applied in April of last year for HSMP in-country. It took 7 months to process the application. During that waiting time, the HO changed the rules about who was eligible for FLR. My hubby no longer was eligible, but the FLR team wouldn't apply the rules from the time he submitted the HSMP, because HSMP and FLR are two different processes.

He was approved in November, but he couldn't use that approval. His letter stated that he had to apply for FLR. They would not allow him to use that letter to go out-of-country and apply for EC. So, he had to reapply from scratch all over again from our home country -- that was the end of March and last we heard, they still hadn't started processing his app. He had to apply for a new HSMP, while holding a current approval, which they would not let him use. They refused to issue a new letter for his old HSMP approval with the EC option. That is what makes the new generic letter all the more irritating.

Ah well... got to play the game and jump through the hoops.