ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW-Maintenance fund, AIT refused and fresh application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ar_umt
Newly Registered

PSW-Maintenance fund, AIT refused and fresh application

Post by ar_umt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I had IGS and applied for PSW misunderstanding the requirement of £800 maintenance fund. Obviously my visa application was refused by HO then I appealed and went to AIT. There my solicitor argued that I am in full time employment which basically fulfils the basic philosophy of maintenance fund requirement that immigrants maintain themselves without accessing the public fund. Most importantly my representative argued that “£800 is only guidance not lawâ€

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: PSW-Maintenance fund, AIT refused and fresh application

Post by jack199 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:42 am

[quote="ar_umt"]I had IGS and applied for PSW misunderstanding the requirement of £800 maintenance fund. Obviously my visa application was refused by HO then I appealed and went to AIT. There my solicitor argued that I am in full time employment which basically fulfils the basic philosophy of maintenance fund requirement that immigrants maintain themselves without accessing the public fund. Most importantly my representative argued that “£800 is only guidance not lawâ€

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm

[quote="ar_umt"]I had IGS and applied for PSW misunderstanding the requirement of £800 maintenance fund. Obviously my visa application was refused by HO then I appealed and went to AIT. There my solicitor argued that I am in full time employment which basically fulfils the basic philosophy of maintenance fund requirement that immigrants maintain themselves without accessing the public fund. Most importantly my representative argued that “£800 is only guidance not lawâ€

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:21 pm

=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ar_umt
Newly Registered

Post by ar_umt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Dear all
thanks for ur responses.
Dear tuhadda_fuffar my fund will be ready by the end of this month, Jun.
Toaday i have received decision from AIT Review as well. and they have refused again and advised me that i can go to High Court if i want. my representative is barrister Nicholas O,Brien from Ellis Taylor Law Firm, Chancery Lane London. His main point is the "difference between guidence and law", that £800 for specific period of three months time is guidence not law. and this is beyond the scope of AIT to decide. it is the high court who can make such decision. and if this case goes to high court it will be a principle case. see

http://freemovement.wordpress.com/2009/ ... n-trouble/

suggestions requried,
1. should i go to high court?
2. also do u know any specific case where appeal allowed on the base of full time employment or regular income?

Arif

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:38 pm

I think you should go to the High Court. At least you don't loose anything, but still have the chance to win.

So, do it if you have money to pay for solicitor. But, I believe, it will be paid back to in the end.

Good luck.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 pm

ar_umt wrote:Dear all
thanks for ur responses.

suggestions requried,
2. also do u know any specific case where appeal allowed on the base of full time employment or regular income?

Arif
If you have a visa, you should go to high court, no matter if yours will be a principal case.

Think for a minute if your solicitor asked you of more money to go to high court or if its mentioned anywhere in the contract between your two. Use your money sensibly! And also it would be time consuming.

I believe your employer wont have any issues!

alexis2000

Post by alexis2000 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi arif,

I was wondering how your case is going?
Did you apply for a high court review in the end? If so what is the process like in term of chances and waiting times?
The AIT just refused my reconsideration application and now I have chance to challenge it by going to high court with my lawyer.

I'd appreciate your information.

Thanks.

A
ar_umt wrote:Dear all
thanks for ur responses.
Toaday i have received decision from AIT Review as well. and they have refused again and advised me that i can go to High Court if i want. my representative is barrister Nicholas O,Brien from Ellis Taylor Law Firm, Chancery Lane London. His main point is the "difference between guidence and law", that £800 for specific period of three months time is guidence not law. and this is beyond the scope of AIT to decide. it is the high court who can make such decision. and if this case goes to high court it will be a principle case. see

http://freemovement.wordpress.com/2009/ ... n-trouble/

suggestions requried,

Arif

nread
Newly Registered

Post by nread » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Why did the AIT throw it out...? What evidence did you supply to the court and HO regarding maintenance..?

SH
Newly Registered

Post by SH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Hello everyone.

I've got my psw appeal refused today and preparing the application for reconsideration right now. I am not really optimistic about the result, but was wondering how much more time this might give me to stay in UK. Also, am I still eligible to work as before until I get the reply?

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Dear ar_umt

I am sorry to hear it. But unfortunately the AIT judges can only consider the evidence appertaining at the time of decision. If you have any other account in the UK or in overseas when put together can make up £800 for the period when you first sent the forms, then you will a good chance to win.

I know to appeal at the High Court you have to pay £400.

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Dear SH

I am sorry to hear this. You can stay legally in the UK as long as you are waiting to get the reconsideration decision. Hopefully you will win but otherwise you will have 28 days to leave the UK. In this case you will need to show the court letter at the airport.

SH
Newly Registered

Post by SH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Dear parham.r
Thanx ever so much for the reply. I was actually wondering about the approximate time length (days) for them to take the decesion regarding the reconsideration, that way I could plan certain personal things ahead