ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After ILR . . .

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pyromaniac

After ILR . . .

Post by Pyromaniac » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 am

Hi all,

Wife recieved her ILR yesterday 5 weeks after applying by post :D

Probably a stupid query now -

Citizenship is the next obvious step for most I guess.

Wife does not want citizenship - she is Indonesian and it is not allowed for her to dual nationality, she would lose a lot of what she has in Indonesia should she become a BC - and she does not want to lose her national id I guess.

Are there likely to be any problems just carrying on as an ILR holder and not pursuing citizenship, I assume she can not lose her ILR or be 'forced' to make a choice between ILR and citizenship later down the line ?

I cant see that there is any difference in rights or the paracticalities of being here in the UK by staying with ILR over citizenship.

( yes - we realise the UK passport would have advantages with travel etc etc )

Probably just needless worrying on my behalf !

Many Thanks

Gerry

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:20 pm

She is subject to the Returning residents provisions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.