ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Travelling soon to UK (for the first time) on Tier-1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

technocrat181
Newly Registered

URGENT: Travelling soon to UK (for the first time) on Tier-1

Post by technocrat181 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi Friends,

I got my Tier-1 Visa approved in January 2009 with a Validity start date as 30th March 2009 (as I had requested so in my application).

Further, I'm now travelling to UK very soon (for my first ever time) on my Tier-1 to attend some scheduled inerviews etc. (probably next week!).

But I'm very curious & totally unaware about any formalities I have to pass through at the time of my first entry to the UK. So can anyone please kindly answer my below queries on the same soon ? Its really important for me to know more on this & would be really thankful to those who reply in this regard ( Especially, the third one! ):

(1). What are the documents I need to carry during the time of arrival at the UK Airport ?
(Specifically, Should I undergo a complete Medical Checkup / carry my recent X-Ray prior to my Travel to UK ?)

(2). what are the formalities I should undergo at the UK Airport upon my first arrival in the UK ?

(3). After making my first entry; if required, would I be allowed to travel back from the UK within a couple of days; (for a short visit to my country for some personal reasons) & then re-enter UK later ?

Expecting everyone's help in this regard...

Sandeep.

technocrat181
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat181 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:28 am

Hello Forum Patrons,

Can anyone please kindly reply to me previous queries soon ?

Knowing more on these queries is really important & kinda critical to me ..thanks for your understanding.

(Especially Point(3); 'cos I might be required to travel back within even 2- 3 days of my first entry without even spending significiant amount of days / weeks in the UK ).

Thanks,
Sandeep.