ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new bill

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smiles345
Member of Standing

new bill

Post by smiles345 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:59 pm

i'm due to get ILR this august-2009. if they implement this citizenship bill by july [next month] will that effect my ILR? is the probationary citizenship same like ILR ? can we do business and free to do any jobs under the probationary citizenship? or still we be tied-up like a WP holder? please senior members help in this regard highly appreciated. when they hoping to implement this bill. sorry for the repeat question

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:26 pm

any reply please

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Don't be lazy, read other posts about this topic before starting another one. Possible implementation dates have been discussed numerous times.

And expecting a reply within 5 hours is not on.

mcclaine

Re: new bill

Post by mcclaine » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:10 pm

smiles345 wrote:i'm due to get ILR this august-2009. if they implement this citizenship bill by july [next month] will that effect my ILR? is the probationary citizenship same like ILR ? can we do business and free to do any jobs under the probationary citizenship? or still we be tied-up like a WP holder? please senior members help in this regard highly appreciated. when they hoping to implement this bill. sorry for the repeat question
Don't worry - if you get ILR before Part 2 comes into force (currently expected to be no earlier than 1 January 2010) then your ILR will get automatically converted into 'permanent residence' under the new bill (i.e. you will skip the 'probationary citizenship' phase). The 'permanent residence' category under the new bill into which ILR holders will get converted is expected to be substantially similar to ILR - i.e. no restriction on moving jobs, free to do business etc.

However, depending on what transitional arrangements may be, your future application for citizenship may become more difficult. Currently it is anticipated that anyone with ILR as of the date Part 2 commences (which wil get converted into 'permanent residency') will have 18 to 24 months after Part 2 commences to apply for citizenship under today's rules. After this period, you may need to fulfill the active citizenship criterion etc. before you can apply for citizenship (although you will not slip back to 'probationary citizenship' status).

cheers.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 pm

many thanks mcclaine for yr kind reply.