ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How soon can I apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kulksnikhil

How soon can I apply?

Post by kulksnikhil » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:25 pm

I am a current student at one of the Universities in England. And before joining the course.. I have had 7+ years experience in Software Industry. So as such, I am eligible to apply to Tier 1 General, already. But I understand that a Masters Degree is a must now a days to apply to Tier 1 General. Is that true?

I am presently doing a dissertation at my MSc course and would be completing it in september. As I enquired with the university people, I can get my provisional certificate only by 15th or 21-November. But I am afraid that, by the time I apply and obtain Tier 1 General Visa, it will be around End of January. And I will have to wait for next three months for the next cycle of loads of job releases to market in April 2010.

Could somebody guide me as to how could I overcome the problem of getting the provisional certificate very late? Is it possible to apply for a Visa before obtaining the provisional certificate?

Thanks for your help.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:28 pm

The provisional certificate problem is solely to do with your university; hence only the registry department in your university can help you out with that.

Unfortunately that is just the way it is... the system sucks, but we just have with it. One thing you can do is that you're entitled to work full time on your student visa, and usually your student visa will be valid for a couple of months after graduation.

In that case you can assure any future employer that you can start working for them right after graduation on the student visa, with a view to apply for your Tier 1 in November.

You cannot obtain your visa before you get your certificate/diploma. I have had a friend who tried applying with his results from university showing he passed, but home office claimed it was not proof that he received the degree.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: How soon can I apply?

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:58 pm

End of January- Feb Start is also a good time to start job hunting.
kulksnikhil wrote:I am a current student at one of the Universities in England. And before joining the course.. I have had 7+ years experience in Software Industry. So as such, I am eligible to apply to Tier 1 General, already. But I understand that a Masters Degree is a must now a days to apply to Tier 1 General. Is that true?

I am presently doing a dissertation at my MSc course and would be completing it in september. As I enquired with the university people, I can get my provisional certificate only by 15th or 21-November. But I am afraid that, by the time I apply and obtain Tier 1 General Visa, it will be around End of January. And I will have to wait for next three months for the next cycle of loads of job releases to market in April 2010.

Could somebody guide me as to how could I overcome the problem of getting the provisional certificate very late? Is it possible to apply for a Visa before obtaining the provisional certificate?

Thanks for your help.

kulksnikhil

cheers

Post by kulksnikhil » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:36 am

Hey dahokolomoki thanks for your reply. I have been doing the same now. And hoping that some employer would take me on a contract until I get my work visa.

Thanks chetanojha that's a relief to know.