ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main applicant got ILR (HSMP) but dependents still on FLR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Moby
Newly Registered

Main applicant got ILR (HSMP) but dependents still on FLR

Post by Moby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi All:

I have got INDEFINITE Leave to Remain (ILR - HSMP) last week but currently my dependents are in India. They still have further 2 years valid Further Leave to Remain (FLR Visa) stamped last year. My question is that as I now have got ILR stamped on my passport (not applied for dependents) therefore the status/FLR of my dependents remains valid or not. If not then do they need to apply for another visa, under which category, please advice.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Main applicant got ILR (HSMP) but dependents still on FL

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:02 am

I think they need to apply for ILR-dependent as well.Since you have switched from HSMP to ILR, if it will affect their visa status i.e. HSMP dependent.

Moby wrote:Hi All:

I have got INDEFINITE Leave to Remain (ILR - HSMP) last week but currently my dependents are in India. They still have further 2 years valid Further Leave to Remain (FLR Visa) stamped last year. My question is that as I now have got ILR stamped on my passport (not applied for dependents) therefore the status/FLR of my dependents remains valid or not. If not then do they need to apply for another visa, under which category, please advice.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:36 pm

... get ready to pay for double fees for ILR. Automatically, when your status changes, their visa status will change as well.

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:19 pm

their status will not change automatically I would say as they will need to satisfy the residency period. Perhaps they came in to the UK on later date thus the difference in timelines. ONce they've satisfied this period then they can apply for ILR - quite costly I must say as you pay 2x.
justice_will_reign wrote:

... get ready to pay for double fees for ILR. Automatically, when your status changes, their visa status will change as well.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Moby wrote:I have got ILR under HSMP in June 2009 but was unable to apply for the same for my dependents (Wife + 2 children) as they are in Mumbai. They were staying here for the last 3 years with me till December 2008 and after getting FLR-Tier1 General for another 3 years (valid till January 2012) they went to India in the first week of January 2009 as my mother in law is very ill. I know that I will have to pay a seperate fee for them for ILR later (if they qualify for it).

My questions are:

1. As I have now got ILR, are their FLR Dependent Visas still remain valid ?

2. If their FLR Visas are no longer valid then what Category should they apply under?

2. If their FLR Visas are still valid, are they eligible for the ILR once they arrive back in London ?

Once again, please note that they have already got FLR-Tier1 General Visas endorsed in their passports till Jan 2012.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.