ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP ILR JR BACKDATED ILR NO FOR DEPENDANTS BUT FOR MAIN APP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

anotherspouse
Newly Registered

Post by anotherspouse » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:36 am

Hi all!....we apply for ILR as HSMP under the terms of the JR last Monday. Application was sent through an immigration solicitor since it was impossible for us to get an appointment for a main applicant with 3 dependents.
Just this morning we got all the passports and supporting documents back. ILR has been granted. However it surprises me that the cover letter giving backdated ILR is only for the main applicant. I, as a spouse, will not be able to apply for citizenship until next year, which means that if my husband, the main applicant, decides to apply now for citizenship, we will have to pay the home office fees twice.
The "Policy Document" clearly states:
" Dependants 26. The immigration status of dependents of migrants in the categories covered by this policy will follow that of the principal applicant.".

am I right to think that HO should have sent a letter to me as well?...

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:14 pm

You could ask them to clarify.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.