ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reasons for refusing citizenship application!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heinrich

Reasons for refusing citizenship application!!

Post by Heinrich » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi,
Just wondering what kind of things can jeopardise your citizenship application..how many reasons is out there for refusing your citizenship?
Know about the guy claiming SW, but surely this cant be the only reasons for refusals, and yes I know you must have no criminal record,etc.

jhbmike

Re: Reasons for refusing citizenship application!!

Post by jhbmike » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Heinrich wrote:Hi,
Just wondering what kind of things can jeopardise your citizenship application..how many reasons is out there for refusing your citizenship?
Know about the guy claiming SW, but surely this cant be the only reasons for refusals, and yes I know you must have no criminal record,etc.
I know that Saddam Husseins son who is married to an Irish lady and lived in Ireland for a number of years was refused. Even Bertie ohern appealed on his behalf to the then Justice minister Dermot Ohern for the application to be passed through but to no avail.

So I can presume that being a dictators son could be one of the reasons for refusal.

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:16 pm

jhbmike wrote:
I know that Saddam Husseins son who is married to an Irish lady and lived in Ireland for a number of years was refused. Even Bertie ohern appealed on his behalf to the then Justice minister Dermot Ohern for the application to be passed through but to no avail.

So I can presume that being a dictators son could be one of the reasons for refusal.
Ha-ha..funny!

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:14 am

Heinrich wrote:
jhbmike wrote:

Ha-ha..funny!
I know it sounds funny but im not kidding. Sorry made a mistake. the justice minister at the time was Michael Mcdowell. Check out this link http://latifyahia.wordpress.com/2008/01 ... f-ireland/

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:39 pm

I cant believe it!!! you were right man...