ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traffic Offences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avbrao
Newly Registered

Traffic Offences

Post by avbrao » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Hello All,

I am going to apply for my HSMP extension. My current leave expires on 14th August and I wanted to apply well in advance. I have two question regarding this.
1] How soon I can apply for my extension (I have 8 weeks time, can I apply now?)

2] This is regarding criminal convictions section:

Sometime during mid last year I had small collision with other car on a cross road. No one injured but both the cars are slightly damaged. We exchanged our insurance details and left the location. I had informed my insurer about the incident and they said they will take care of it. When I asked whether I need to inform police about this they said it is not required as it was a very small incident.

I haven't heard any thing about it afterwords. I called couple of times to insurance company and they said the lady didn't submited claim till now.

As I don't know how the insurance company deals with the case, I am not sure if it was recorded with police. I didn't hear any thing from police either.

Now, while filling up the application, do I need to diclare this as a conviction??.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
AVBRao

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Traffic Offences

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:59 pm

1] How soon I can apply for my extension (I have 8 weeks time, can I apply now?)
You can apply now. It is better to apply well in advance so you have enough buffer between your current visa expiry and new extension. This is perfect time to apply for extension.

Sometime during mid last year I had small collision with other car on a cross road. No one injured but both the cars are slightly damaged. We exchanged our insurance details and left the location. I had informed my insurer about the incident and they said they will take care of it. When I asked whether I need to inform police about this they said it is not required as it was a very small incident.

I haven't heard any thing about it afterwords. I called couple of times to insurance company and they said the lady didn't submited claim till now.

As I don't know how the insurance company deals with the case, I am not sure if it was recorded with police. I didn't hear any thing from police either.

Now, while filling up the application, do I need to diclare this as a conviction??.
Don't worry about it as you are not convicted for this and secondly it is not a criminal offense. You had accident by mistake and also provided/shared info to the other party to cover her damage. You do not have any case against you.You will be fine. No need to declare.

nksg

Re: Traffic Offences

Post by nksg » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 am

Based on the similar case for one of my mate.. i agree with what chetan has advised...

As long as Police and court is not involved you shoud be fine.. The good part is the other party has not filed the claim yet but they can do so..
chetanojha wrote:
You can apply now. It is better to apply well in advance so you have enough buffer between your current visa expiry and new extension. This is perfect time to apply for extension.

Don't worry about it as you are not convicted for this and secondly it is not a criminal offense. You had accident by mistake and also provided/shared info to the other party to cover her damage. You do not have any case against you.You will be fine. No need to declare.