ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No appointment at PEO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lizrich002
Newly Registered

No appointment at PEO

Post by lizrich002 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:18 am

Hello all,

My husband tried to call the PEO in Croydon this morning to book an appointment for our extension from HSMP to tier 1. He was told that there is no appointment even till August that all applications must be sent to the HO through the post.

Is that right? Has any one had this experience or is it just a way of encouraging people to use the postal option?

We really want to go there in person.

Thanks for your help

uckocak

Re: No appointment at PEO

Post by uckocak » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:27 am

lizrich002 wrote:Hello all,

My husband tried to call the PEO in Croydon this morning to book an appointment for our extension from HSMP to tier 1. He was told that there is no appointment even till August that all applications must be sent to the HO through the post.

Is that right? Has any one had this experience or is it just a way of encouraging people to use the postal option?

We really want to go there in person.

Thanks for your help
Yes that's right, all offices are fully booked unfortunately. i also had to send my application by post.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Wow.. that is a long wait, no appointments till August!!

Do they release new appointments every day?
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Quoted from the UKBA website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ginperson/
Please note that our public enquiry offices are very busy, and appointments cannot be guaranteed before your current leave to remain has expired, so you are strongly advised to submit your application by post where possible. When you contact a public enquiry office, you can book an appointment within the following 28 days.
Are you sure it has been booked up till August?
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

lizrich002
Newly Registered

Post by lizrich002 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks everyone that responded.

I just spoke with my husband to confirm and that is what they told him. We will still call them tomorrow again hopefully, we'll speak with someone else.

He just told him that there are no appointments and when he said maybe July or August, he still said there are no appointments then too. It was not even a case of saying all appointments for the day are gone, he just said we should use the postal option if it's FLR.

Their website does not say anything like that so we'll keep trying

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:27 pm

The appointments are booked for next 6 weeks only and everyday the appointments are opened for the next day (ie the day after the sixth week), so keep trying at sharp 8:58-9:00 am and you might get an appointment. Send your application through post in case your visa is expiring in next 6-7 weeks.

Deepak Sharma
Newly Registered

Post by Deepak Sharma » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi,

I called at 8:57 am sharp & got an appointment for 27/Jul @9:00am at Croydon Office. I had been trying since last week !

Try at 8:57 am and you will get it for sure.
All the best ...

Best Regards,
Deepak

lizrich002
Newly Registered

Post by lizrich002 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Thanks everyone,

We will keep trying until we get an appointment.

lizrich002
Newly Registered

Post by lizrich002 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 am

Dear all,

We were able to get an appointment this morning for the 27th of July, though the introductory message and the long wait could easily discourage someone.

Anyway, thanks to those who helped.

The lady we spoke with did however say that the visa will start from the date of extension rather from the date of expiry. Our visa will expire in November but we are applying early because of my husband's job.
When I told her that I know others who got theirs from the expiry date, she said something about not giving a date that is in the future and finally said it's down to the caseworker.

I however think she has a limited knowledge of how things are done as she even said our extension will be for 2 years even after I told her it's from HSMP to tier 1. She said it is only for initial application that they give 3 years so that confirmed to me that she does not know that much about it.

Am I right in assuming this?

Thanks

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 am

lizrich002 wrote:Dear all,

We were able to get an appointment this morning for the 27th of July, though the introductory message and the long wait could easily discourage someone.

The lady we spoke with did however say that the visa will start from the date of extension rather from the date of expiry. Our visa will expire in November but we are applying early because of my husband's job.
When I told her that I know others who got theirs from the expiry date, she said something about not giving a date that is in the future and finally said it's down to the caseworker.

I however think she has a limited knowledge of how things are done as she even said our extension will be for 2 years even after I told her it's from HSMP to tier 1. She said it is only for initial application that they give 3 years so that confirmed to me that she does not know that much about it.

Thanks
From experience, the start date is the stamping date, but the expiry date of the extension is 3 years after the old expiry date -- in your case validity will be from July 2009 to November 2012.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:39 am

[quote="lizrich002"]Dear all,

Thanks[/quote]

They said the same thing to me when I was booking my appointment but like others I got the extension for 3 years from the date my visa was expiring (ie till Novemeber 2012 in your case).