ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

With Workpermit and Tier1 combination, Am I eligible for PR?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mskemails
Newly Registered

With Workpermit and Tier1 combination, Am I eligible for PR?

Post by mskemails » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi

Can anyone please clarify my query?

I had been in work permit for 3 years from May 2005 to May 2008 and currently in Tier 1 General (Previously known as HSMP) for past 1 year (ie. Jun 2008 to Jun 2009) , so I've completed 4 years in this combination and my work permit says that after 4 years I can go for Permanent residency. Now Am I eligible for PR status? or Do I have to wait one more year.

Thanks in advance

Regards
MSK
Last edited by mskemails on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nksg

Re: With Workpermit and Tier1 combination, Am I eligible for

Post by nksg » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:25 pm

You will have to wait for one more year...

The ILR threshold increased from 4 years to 5 in April 2006. So if you are not covered under HSMP JR 2 (which you are not) you can only apply for ILR after 5 years.
mskemails wrote:Hi

Can anyone please clarify my query?

I had been in work permit for 3 years from 2005 to 2008 and currently in Tier 1 (HSMP) for past 1 year, so I've completed 4 years in this combination and my work permit says that after 4 years I can go for Permanent residency. Now Am I eligible for PR status? or Do I have to wait one more year.

Thanks in advance

Regards
MSK