ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ryanair visa checks - i have technically overstayed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lou78
Newly Registered

Ryanair visa checks - i have technically overstayed

Post by Lou78 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi i am on a tourist visa (am australian). i arrived on 25th march and was due to leave on 10th june which is the date stamped in my passport.
i was quite ill last week with the flu and decided not to fly out on the 10th. i now want to leave at the end of june.

ryanair is the cheapest to fly with. i know as a non-eu national, i have to do the whole visa check at the ryanair desk.

my question is: do they check whether you need a visa to go to your onwards journey or do they check it to ensure you haven't overstayed in dublin/ireland?
i just dont want problems when i leave dublin airport about overstaying or problems with entering london.

thanks in advance

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 pm

My Best guess as am NON-EU national and get checked for visa often..is your outgoing visa only. Check done by ryanair is not immigration check for country you are leaving. They will just check whether country you going to , your passport/visa status is valid for that.(Coz airlines get fined for landing in country with passenger without valid travel documents)

So dont worry :) go for it. Thats me thoughts on it. Ryanair has no authority to check ur irish visa + act on it.

Irish immigration is planning to intro exit check for Visa, but all thats just talk for now is not implemented as yet.
If in doubt just tell your circumstances, you are not like year over ur limit couple of days they will understand.

Regards
Tiggs

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:18 pm

They'll only check to see if you either do not require or hold the appropriate visa for your destination. Hopefully it should be straightforward enough fo you. I had a problem once in that the lady didn't know where New Zealand was and didn't know how to check the visa requirements for schengen.

I'd not worry about overstaying by a couple of days either. You are leaving anyway.