ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation for family please hel

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lilmeiow2008
Newly Registered

Invitation for family please hel

Post by lilmeiow2008 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am

Hello,

I am in UK on Tier -1 visa( issued in April 2009) before this tier-1 I was on a work permit from August 2006-April 2009. I will marry my GF who is a british citizen, I am aware for this I need to take approval from Home Office. Before the marriage I am getting engaged to my GF, my family will be coming for this engagement ceremony from India.

Do I need to tell home office for this engagement ceremony as well? In the sponsorship letter for my family I have written that they need to visit me for my engagement ceremony( attached my pictires with GF and her passport copy). My family will apply for family visit visa

One agent said I should have not mentioned engagement ceremony in my sponsorship letter as british high comission will think my intentions are to settle in UK after marrying british girl. My intentions are obviously to settle in UK as I have already completed three years stay on my work permit + HSMP.

Do you think this agent is scaring me for nothing or is he right in saying this?

Thanks

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi,

According to me, there is no reason to hide anything from the home office. I think you have done the right thing by giving the full and correct picture in the sponsorshit document.

Just ensure that you prove that your parents do intend to go back to India after their visit. You can do this by showing the following documents:

- Proof that they have a job/retired
- Proof that they have good savings
- Proof of any property they have
- Proof that they have stron family ties (i.e. they have immidiate relatives in India. You can give a family tree created in word/visio)

good luck with your engagement and parent's visa.

Vikram

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I think you did the right thing, though you didn't have to send your girlfriend's photo (maybe an invitation from her and yourself would have been better). The important thing is to show that your relatives will go back to India and not overstay, that's why the list of documents stated by the previous poster are important.

Good luck and congratulations.