ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP -> Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seekit

HSMP -> Tier 1 extension

Post by seekit » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi,

I've got my tier 1 visa yesterday for 3 years, wanted to share my experience with you.

Application Posted: 29th May (Royal Mail First Class Post)
Application Received by HO: 1st June
Payment Deducted: 1st June
Reference Letter Received: 4th June
Passport/Documents Received: 16th June

I moved to new place after my application and had provided my new address in correspondence address field and received my Reference letter at new address but HO sent the documents at my old address :cry: Don't know why. I had my mates there in the old house they informed me about the documents.

Any ways, finally I've got the visa :lol:

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Congratulations!

2-3 weeks is pretty good going!

salonbalm

Post by salonbalm » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi Seekit,

Congrats man.. could you tell me when was ur current leave expiring??
my leave expires on 31st oct 09 and the home office is telling me that if I apply now I will get the exptension from the date my application is approved and not from 1st Nov 09.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:13 pm

salonbalm wrote:Hi Seekit,

my leave expires on 31st oct 09 and the home office is telling me that if I apply now I will get the exptension from the date my application is approved and not from 1st Nov 09.
Thats what is not happening at the moment. Ppl are routinely getting extensions for 3 years from the expiry of their current leaves (its a different thing that the new leave might be valid from the date of application approval- does it make any difference??).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Guys, My current Visa expiry date is Jan 2010 and my new Visa stamped till Jan 2013. I have applied 7 months earlier. My application is straight forward so i sent only 12 months payslip and 12 month Bank statement, Marriage certificate and birth certificate for my kids. and fees £820+50+50+50.

Time line
Sent application on 2nd June
Money deducted on 3rd June
Letter Received on 4th June
Visa Stamped on 16th June
Document recevied on 18th June

they process in flat 12 days!!

Good luck to all

seekit

Post by seekit » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 pm

salonbalm wrote:Hi Seekit,

Thanks. My visa was expiring 29th June 2009 and new visa is valid from 11 June 2009 to 29th June 2012.

salonbalm

Post by salonbalm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Right.. called up home office again.. and they are adamant that the extension will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue and not from the end of current leave.. this is killing me.. dont know why home office is telling me this as clearly ppl on the forum are getting the extension after current leave expires. Can someone please advise???

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:34 pm

salonbalm wrote:Right.. called up home office again.. and they are adamant that the extension will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue and not from the end of current leave.. this is killing me.. dont know why home office is telling me this as clearly ppl on the forum are getting the extension after current leave expires. Can someone please advise???
Dont worry. Just apply. They would not confirm something which is not a documented policy. You can judge by the post of all the people who have got extensions recently.
regards,
push

tomcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomcat » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:08 pm

salonbalm wrote:Right.. called up home office again.. and they are adamant that the extension will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue and not from the end of current leave.. this is killing me.. dont know why home office is telling me this as clearly ppl on the forum are getting the extension after current leave expires. Can someone please advise???
Dont think that is true. I applied 6 months early and got extension form end of my current leave. So go for it.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Why dont you people let sleeping dog lies and stop trying to stir unnecessary attention.

this question has been asked a million times. What if the leaves starts from date of application against recent practise, what will you do about it.?

No offense but I think we are all Highly Skilled?

NB: I just get angry everytime someone ask this kind of question.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:13 pm

saayinla wrote:
Why dont you people let sleeping dog lies and stop trying to stir unnecessary attention.

this question has been asked a million times. What if the leaves starts from date of application against recent practise, what will you do about it.?

No offense but I think we are all Highly Skilled?

NB: I just get angry everytime someone ask this kind of question.
And more important thing to understand here is- even if 100 people confirm something - everything depends on the caseworker !!
regards,
push