ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 leave to remain denied, please hlep

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brizzar
Newly Registered

Tier 2 leave to remain denied, please hlep

Post by brizzar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 pm

My prospective employer (NHS) obtained a certificate of employment for me under shortage occupation (which is all clearly documented in all their correspondence with me & B.I.A). I have been denied for leave to remain (in-country application) and the reason is that the position is not under shortage occupation? My problems are:

1) I cannot appeal because I still have leave to remain in the UK
2) I cannot apply for an administrative review as this is an in-country application.

I was really looking forward to starting my new job: better working conditions, pay and more promotion prospects etc but am really puzzled as to why the certificate of employment was issued under shortage occupation and then LTR denied?

Has anyone been in a similar situation/ any suggestions as to how I can deal with this issue? :?
Thanks.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Can you please let me know what role it was that you applied under so that I may check?

ramvellore

Post by ramvellore » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 pm

y dont you check whether your occupation is listed in shortage occupation list on Home Office website? If it is, then NHS cannot obtain COS under shortage occupation criteria, they should have applied under Market Labour Test Criteria. Check with the HR dept (NHS) as well and they will be able to guide you appropriately.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 pm

what was the job title?