ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Payment Receipt

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sally1

Post by sally1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 am

Hi
Just recd a recpt for my payment for Naturalisation application and i have applied under section 6.1 (5yr residency rule) - AN6(1)

the receipt says payment received for form AN6(2)!! - which is based on marriage to a BC (Which i am but i am applying under the 5 yr rule) furthermore i did it through the NCS (nationality Checking Service)

Is this a problem and do i need to contact the HO about this? or do you think this is just a receipt and the application will be looked at under the category i have applied under?

Thanks

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation Payment Receipt

Post by justice_will_reign » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:17 am

sally1 wrote:Hi
Just recd a recpt for my payment for Naturalisation application and i have applied under section 6.1 (5yr residency rule) - AN6(1)

the receipt says payment received for form AN6(2)!! - which is based on marriage to a BC (Which i am but i am applying under the 5 yr rule) furthermore i did it through the NCS (nationality Checking Service)

Is this a problem and do i need to contact the HO about this? or do you think this is just a receipt and the application will be looked at under the category i have applied under?

Thanks
I think it worth checking with HO so that your application is considered under the right process. Is there a contact number on the receipt?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 am

if you provided copies of your spouses british passport and proof of your marriage then it shouldnt really be a problem. you will now be treated under 3 years residency rather than five. not sure if one has quicker processing thn the other though

sally1

Post by sally1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:18 am

But surely the HO should deal with an application on the basis(5 yr residency) that it was made...

i had the application made through NCS and they do a checklist of:
1. The application form
2. The basis of your application (5yr or 3yr)
3. The documents required for the type of application
4. do the payment slip

NCS then put a top cover sheet to say they have checked the application and required documents. Its quite a detailed examination before they would accept to send the papers to the HO and for this they charge you a fee of £50.

So i dont see how the HO could change the basis of your application!

I have applied under the 5yr rule and that is what the HO should be dealing with...

anyway should they do this then can i write and ask them to deal with my application on the basis of my original submission? and can anyone foresee any problems?

Thanks

pragneshmpatel

Re: Naturalisation Payment Receipt

Post by pragneshmpatel » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:47 pm

i have similar problem? what happned to your case? i have not included marriage certificate or my british passport.