ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University fees for Tier 1 owners

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uckocak

University fees for Tier 1 owners

Post by uckocak » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi all,

Just want to clarify one thing.
You know that University tuition amount varies between home student and overseas.

Is there any concrete rule stating that who pays overseas fee and who pays home fee.

There are several opinions on this;

- if a Tier 1 or work permit owner stays in UK for 3 years, he/she is eligible for home fee
- Only ILR owners and UK citizens are eligible for home fee. Others should pay overseas fee.

Please let me know which one is correct or give me an official link stating this rule clearly.

Thanks, Utkan

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:44 pm

I always thought it was that only ILR and UK citizens get the home fee.

But then again I am not an expert in this topic.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

uckocak

Post by uckocak » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:05 pm

dahokolomoki wrote:I always thought it was that only ILR and UK citizens get the home fee.

I found this site after my search, it doesn't look like an official website.
It says if you are ordinarily settled in UK for 3 years, you are subject to home fee. Hope this is the case but i still need to find an official website link.

http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/student/info_s ... e_overseas

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 pm

uckocak wrote:
dahokolomoki wrote:I always thought it was that only ILR and UK citizens get the home fee.

I found this site after my search, it doesn't look like an official website.
It says if you are ordinarily settled in UK for 3 years, you are subject to home fee. Hope this is the case but i still need to find an official website link.

http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/student/info_s ... e_overseas
Why dont you write to the University and find out. They are pretty prompt at responding. In all probability you would be subject to the higher fee.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:54 pm

If you have any kind of visa that has expiry date ,you have to pay overseas fees. Setttled status gives you legal right to stay in UK (also known as ILR/permanent residence). hope this helps.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: University fees for Tier 1 owners

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:03 pm

I inquired at Thames Valey Univerity at Reading sometime back and they said if you are in UK for over 3 years you will be considered as local student. I don't know the current situation.
uckocak wrote:Hi all,

Just want to clarify one thing.
You know that University tuition amount varies between home student and overseas.

Is there any concrete rule stating that who pays overseas fee and who pays home fee.

There are several opinions on this;

- if a Tier 1 or work permit owner stays in UK for 3 years, he/she is eligible for home fee
- Only ILR owners and UK citizens are eligible for home fee. Others should pay overseas fee.

Please let me know which one is correct or give me an official link stating this rule clearly.

Thanks, Utkan