ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR absences -depart date and return date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venga_pal

ILR absences -depart date and return date

Post by venga_pal » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Guys,

There is a small confusion which i hope some of you guys can clear up.

Its regarding absences from UK.

Can I use the date on the stamp of arrival at the destination country as my start date of absence from UK? ,Coz UK won't stamp departures from UK on my passport.

The reason I ask is.. I left UK for 7 times. Of these some times I start early in the day and reach the destination on the same day. So the stamp at the destination would be the same day as the depart date in UK.

Some times when I start late in the after noon i reach the destination the following day. So the stamp would be of the next day.

Is it OK to use Stamp date at the arrival of destination as the start date of the absence?

Do you think UK holds the information on when I left the country?

Do flight companies pass the passenger information to the immigration control on departure?

Return to UK is not a problem as UK does stamp my passport at the arrival.

ALSO...

How to calculate the absences.. Should I include the depart date and arrival date in my calculation or exclude them?

Thanks for your help guys...

V

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:32 pm

for absences you do not include days that you were in the UK (that is days of departure). You can go ahead and use these dates if it makes your calculations easier and also it does not take you over the threshold.

lboro

Post by lboro » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 am

I suppose you still have your tickets, then use the itinerary as the evidence of the dates you left UK. Generary if you have few days out of UK then case worker won't bother too much for the dates left or returned back to UK.