ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from WHM visa to dependant on partner's Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bpietro
Newly Registered

Switching from WHM visa to dependant on partner's Tier1

Post by bpietro » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm currently an Australian living in London on a Tier 1 Visa. I have been living here for 6 months. My girlfriend, whom I've been living with for two years now is in the UK with me but she is on a Working Holidaymaker Visa.

As she will no longer be able to work past the 12 months allowed on her visa we wanted to make her dependant on my Tier 1 visa.

Firstly - is this possible now that we've been living together for over 2 years?

Secondly - Do both of us have to return to Australia to do this?

Thirdly - How much evidence is required to prove our relationship? Do they accept all kinds of evidence such as photos etc? Or only bank statements etc?

Any help would be a godsend, I've been searching the forums and elsewhere but cannot find any info.

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Can my dependants join me in the UK? wrote: Your husband, wife, civil partner or eligible partner and children under 18 can join you as your dependants in the UK if:

* they have a visa for this purpose and
* you can support them without any help from public funds. You need £1,600 for each dependant joining you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK and £533 thereafter.

Partners (married, unmarried, same sex) must intend to live together and the relationship must be subsisting. They must be maintained and accommodated in accordance with the section on Maintenance (Funds) above and your partner must not intend to stay beyond any period of leave granted to you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.