ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployed for longer time but within Recent JR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soulfullness

Unemployed for longer time but within Recent JR

Post by soulfullness » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi All

I am unemployed for a long time approx 16 months AND seems will be unemployed till I apply for ILR in January 2010. However i WORKED for 33 months continuously within the 4 years for ILR. I still try for a job but so far unsuccessful.

Do you think I will get ILR if I apply . I have not been out of UK for more than a month in a year and total less than 100 days within 4 years.

Thank you all

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:14 pm

open a company and become a self employed and after 3-4 months apply ilr

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Sushil
Thank for the advice. But do you have any experience or direction how to open a company and requirements. Any advice on web site or authority to contact on this regards.
Thanks again

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:45 pm

appoint an accountant pay £ 50-100 and sort it out from him

very easy

goodluck

Post by 9588 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:34 pm

are u sure?
:roll:

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:05 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:appoint an accountant pay £ 50-100 and sort it out from him

very easy

goodluck
opening limited company is pretty easy, but where will he get the money into his company bank account, if he is unemployed ??? Also how about P60/Payslips/Dividends/Self Assesment !!
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:02 am

Hi Soulfullness

What did you do in those 33 months when you was employed. If you are not getting a job than you can start you business/company. This is true that starting a business is not eassy and you may not earn a lot of money in first few months or may be in couple of years) but earning is not a critria for ILR, you just need to show economic activity. I would think about business activity before incorporating a company.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:05 am

Hi Soulfullness

What did you do in those 33 months when you was employed. If you are not getting a job than you can start you business/company. This is true that starting a business is not eassy and you may not earn a lot of money in first few months or may be in couple of years) but earning is not a critria for ILR, you just need to show economic activity. I would think about business activity before incorporating a company.

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am

Hi
What sort of business activity you mean? I do share dealing in london stock exchange . Is it considered as economic activity? Generally I do not have any P60 , etc to prove for share dealings but have the bank staement to show the share dealings as I do use a established bank for this purpose. However I do have P60 and all the salary slips for the 33 months I worked.

Opening a company itself will not give any income at the beginning . On top of it , it will cost a lot to open a company I suppose!

Thanks

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:50 am

Hi
What sort of business activity you mean? I do share dealing in london stock exchange . Is it considered as economic activity? Generally I do not have any P60 , etc to prove for share dealings but have the bank staement to show the share dealings as I do use a established bank for this purpose. However I do have P60 and all the salary slips for the 33 months I worked.

Opening a company itself will not give any income at the beginning . On top of it , it will cost a lot to open a company I suppose!

Thanks

ejobs_01

Post by ejobs_01 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 pm

itsme wrote:

very easy

goodluck
opening limited company is pretty easy, but where will he get the money into his company bank account, if he is unemployed ??? Also how about P60/Payslips/Dividends/Self Assesment !!
This is a very interesting topic. Would it not be possible that soulfulness open a ltd company and show that he/she is making no money, (i.e. loss) and then go for an ILR? Obviously, I am assuming he can take care of himself/herself with his/her savings!

Regards,

ejobs_01

Post by ejobs_01 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:25 pm

itsme wrote:

very easy

goodluck
This is a very interesting topic. Would it not be possible that soulfulness open a ltd company and show that he/she is making no money, (i.e. loss) and then go for an ILR? Obviously, I am assuming he can take care of himself/herself with his/her savings!

Regards,

ejobs_01

Post by ejobs_01 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Sorry, repeat.

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:28 am

Hi I have a similar situation:

- I fall within the Judicial Review
- I have been self employed since 2008.

However, in my case, I already had my extension done successfully last year(2008) after the completion of 4years.

Please what do you suggest in this case.

Sten

Post by Sten » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 am

soulfullness wrote:It will cost a lot to open a company I suppose!
Thanks
Opening costs nothing, £30-50 .. but then accountants and closing can set you back £500-£1000. Again, the valid point has been mentioned - the advice would work if you can get some clients, depends on your occupation really. If not - having a company without turnover may not help.
Good luck !