ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Country is Best for IT and Immigration?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pitu
Newly Registered

Which Country is Best for IT and Immigration?

Post by pitu » Fri May 20, 2005 11:26 pm

Hi All,

I am IT guy from India and currently working in UK since 1.5 year.
I am considering of change of employement and looking for opp. in Europe.
I have few countries in mind for change of employement like UK, Netherland, Ireland. Can someone, please advice me which country would be good based on following factors.

1) Job opp. and how easy to get a Work Permit
2) People (dearly beloved/openess/friendly/welcome foreigners/etc) Very Important for me as I dont want to work in dearly beloved country
3) salary and overall quality of life

Any help/suggestions/advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Pitu.

gani999

Post by gani999 » Sat May 21, 2005 1:15 pm

Stay in the UK. It is the best place for all the things you have mentioned.

AnandVishwanathan
Newly Registered

Which country is best for IT

Post by AnandVishwanathan » Sat May 21, 2005 5:17 pm

hi Pitu,

Since you are already working in UK so i suppose you yourself are the right person to ask about UK. As about ireland if it is anything then its certainly not easy to get a work permit or work visa, you would do well to check other threads in this forum for detail requirements for the irish work permit or irish work visa. And I wouldnt be sure about other EU countries.
People (dearly beloved/openess/friendly/welcome foreigners/etc) Very Important for me as I dont want to work in dearly beloved country
Its seems you are very particular about beloved. Now, if you are working in a foreign country for sometime, i doubt if any one has not gone through beloved at all, maybe the degree of beloved people have experienced may vary.

Assuming you have the right work experience, the right number of years of experience and the right qualification, have you ever considered getting an IT job in India ?

Cheers!!!
AnandVishwanathan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything that counts need not be counted, and everything thats counted need not count -- Albert Einsteen

gani999

Re: Which country is best for IT

Post by gani999 » Sat May 21, 2005 6:12 pm

AnandVishwanathan wrote:Assuming you have the right work experience, the right number of years of experience and the right qualification, have you ever considered getting an IT job in India ?
How is the IT job scene in India? Are a large number of indian IT pros based abroad returning to work in India?

AnandVishwanathan
Newly Registered

which country is best for IT

Post by AnandVishwanathan » Sat May 21, 2005 7:03 pm

gani999 wrote
How is the IT job scene in India? Are a large number of indian IT pros based abroad returning to work in India?

If you have yourself registered with jobsahead.com, naukri.com, monsterindia.com you would get latest jobs matching your qualifications. Now, some of the jobs are with the local recuritment agencies and it makes a difference ringing them up. Also ascent of times of india thats out on wednesdays is also a good source for IT jobs. That would give a fair idea about the IT job in india at the moment.

As to know about the flow of skilled labour statistics for the whole india, one of the best place to start with is the recuritment agencies.

My personal experience has been that people have left MNCs in US,UK and have returned back to india by choice, also some stayed back and took up citizenship.

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers!!!
AnandVishwanathan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything that counts need not be counted, and everything thats counted need not count -- Albert Einsteen