ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khanz

Student Visa Expiry

Post by khanz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi All,

One of my friend has been in uk on student visa for more than 5 five years. He married two years ago and brought his wife from Pakistan. Now he has one year daughter. His college was black listed few months back. So, he could not apply for visa extension and due to insufficient funds in his account he could not switch to any other college. His visa is going to expire on 30-Jun-2009.

Somebody has suggested to apply for extension on humanitarian grounds writing the following facts that:

1. he has been living in uk for more than 5 years.
2. it would be very troublesome for his one year old daughter to go to pakistan as she was born in uk and is not used to living in pakistan.
3. he belongs to Abbotabad which is very close to swat where military operation against taliban is underway and people are already dis-located.

Experts! please give your opinion about the above or suggest any other way out for him.

Thanks,
Zahid

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Student Visa Expiry

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:26 pm

khanz wrote:Hi All,

One of my friend has been in uk on student visa for more than 5 five years. He married two years ago and brought his wife from Pakistan. Now he has one year daughter. His college was black listed few months back. So, he could not apply for visa extension and due to insufficient funds in his account he could not switch to any other college. His visa is going to expire on 30-Jun-2009.

Somebody has suggested to apply for extension on humanitarian grounds writing the following facts that:

1. he has been living in uk for more than 5 years.
2. it would be very troublesome for his one year old daughter to go to pakistan as she was born in uk and is not used to living in pakistan.
3. he belongs to Abbotabad which is very close to swat where military operation against taliban is underway and people are already dis-located.

Experts! please give your opinion about the above or suggest any other way out for him.

Thanks,
Zahid
1. So what to be blunt, that in itself means nothing. Are there other family members in the UK?
2. Why exactly would that be, I doubt a one year old cares that much, it would be different if she was older and had spent a significant amount of time in school and didn't speak the language of her home country. She is young enough to adapt to life in Pakistan.
3. Internal relocation, Pakistan is pretty big. Your friend could use the qualifications he has gained in the UK to get a good job back home. He has been here for 5 years after all.

Your friend would have had to show sufficient funds whichever college he was going to, and where are the sponsors of this student?

If it was a proper qualification that he was studying for (ACCA, CIMA, BCS) the exams taken so far will still count and could be used to transfer to a new college part way through the course rather than start again at the beginning.

He could also go to Trading Standards or the small claims court to try to recover the fees paid to the college. If he paid by credit card perhaps the card company would give him a refund because he paid for something he did not receive.

Out of interest, what college was it?

Other options are Tier 2 as a sponsored worker.

There may be no options but to return to Pakistan for the moment until more funds are forthcoming for your friend to continue his studies.

khanz

Post by khanz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Keeping in view the points raised by you, I agree with you that on humanitarian grounds it would be very difficult for him to get his visa extension. So, what will he need to do for Tier2?

He has recently got a job in a school and they can sponsor him for switching to any category, as they are very happy with his performance.

Thanks,
Zahid
[/i]

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:06 pm

What sort of job in a school? It would have to be a skilled post and your friend would have to be able to score enough points. The employer would also need to be licenced and on the register found here:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ofsponsors

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

If your friend has had extensions from the college which was raided, he could be refused if he used deception on previous applications. Which college was it?

Sbabar
Newly Registered

Sorry about the delayed response

Post by Sbabar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi all,

My name is Sheraz Babar and I am very thankful to my friend Mr. Khan for posting my problem on this forum on my behalf, I am very thankful to Paperpusher for quick responses, my college has been closed down by the management (not been raided) I tried to contact the management but could not get hold of them.
I am working part time as an admin assistant in an independent school where people from different ethnic back ground send their kids, I am very good at some Asian languages and this is the main reason for getting the job (can we count this a skill).
My employer is very happy with my work and want to offer me a full time position but due to restrictions he cant, he is willing to sponsor me for the work visa but he is not on that register.
How can he get himself registered as a sponsor and how long will it take?