ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have just moved

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chifrae
Newly Registered

I have just moved

Post by chifrae » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 am

Dear all,

I have just moved home and my Eu Fam application will be 3 months by end of this months , what procedures do I follow to inform the Justice department about my current situation.

Hope to get a prompt and helpful response soon

Chifrae

cantaro

Re: I have just moved

Post by cantaro » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:56 am

Send a letter to the address where you sent your application, indicating your reference number (find it in their acknowledgement letter) and your new address. If you want to be sure they get the letter, send it by registered post or throw it into their letter box in person. That should be all you need.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Just another thing too if you are registered at the GNIB I think you might have to tell them too that you have moved.

I know if you are moving between their districts (e.g. moving from Cork to Dublin) you must tell them, I think the same may apply within the district too.

You could possibly try ringing them first, I recall my registration officer doing something like that while I was in registering.

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Under section 9 Immigration Act 2004 you are required to notify registration officer when you are leaving an address. Notification must be within 48 hours of the move. it is an offence not to comply but usually a caution is given for first offence.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:58 pm

esharknz wrote:I know if you are moving between their [GNIB] districts (e.g. moving from Cork to Dublin) you must tell them, I think the same may apply within the district too.
highstoolhero wrote:Under section 9 Immigration Act 2004 you are required to notify registration officer when you are leaving an address. Notification must be within 48 hours of the move. it is an offence not to comply but usually a caution is given for first offence.
I do not think this applies to EU citizens and their family members. It would only apply if it applied also to Irish citizens.