ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bibo
Newly Registered

PSW Visa

Post by bibo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi all

I have apllied for PSW visa since last dec 2008. Just phone HO today (24th june 2009) and they told me that my visa in into further consideration.WHAT IS FURTHER CONSIDERATION??? last month when i phoned them they told me that my visa is into consideration. Are they just playing with word???

Can somebody let me know if they have been waiting for more than 6 months??

Can we still get a refusal after such a long wait?

I feel so stress everyday. I rush for my post everyday hoping that it might be my VISA.

Pls advice
Many many thnx

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Don't stress yourself out, the decision is out of your hands now and all you can do is wait and make the best use of your time now while waiting. You only get around 80 summers in your life, so go out and enjoy it or work and make some money.

The wording is always ambigous with the home office, it depends on who you are speaking to on the phone, etc. Since your application has been with the HO office for so long I presume they are having difficulty verifying some of your details (maybe your university diploma). You could try contacting your uni and your bank to see if they have received any request for further info, and if there are any problems.

Apart from that I strongly advise you not to call the HO more frequently than once a week, as they will keep giving you the same answer and their call center don't know anything. You might not realize it, but if everyone calls up frequently to ask for an update, the HO will have to dedicate resources to the call center to answer calls, rather than to application processing, and that is one of the reason why it takes so bloody long to get our visas because the HO is having to dedicate so much resource to fielding phone calls.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:03 pm

*double posted*
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

bibo
Newly Registered

Post by bibo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Thank dear for replying and ur comfortable word.

The website was very helpful. :)

Actually regarding the Ho call centre( which u were advising me not to ring too often) it has already set up call centres where u can actually ring anytime without disturbing anybody who is dealing with cases, they have got different department for everything. The only negative thing about the call is that it is a 0870 ... and therefore very expensive as the waiting time is over 25 mins :(

Thanx once again
:wink: