ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa from France Embassy for Minor

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dinesh2008
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa from France Embassy for Minor

Post by Dinesh2008 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for schengen visa through france embassy. I have booked EUROSTAR Tickets as Travel proof. But, my Child is 2 years old and EUROSTAR do not provide ticket and it is free. Do Embassy accept application without travel proof for my child?

Thanks
Dinesh

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Schengen Visa from France Embassy for Minor

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Dinesh2008 wrote:Hi,
I'm applying for schengen visa through france embassy. I have booked EUROSTAR Tickets as Travel proof. But, my Child is 2 years old and EUROSTAR do not provide ticket and it is free. Do Embassy accept application without travel proof for my child?
The Eurostar ticket confirmation should show 'x' number of adults travelling with 'x' number of children. Take this print out with you and you should be fine.

elixya

ticket

Post by elixya » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 pm

you can buy a ticket for your child. it is not forbidden. otherwise you won't get confirmation. where are you from and are you EEA-citizen spouse?

Dinesh2008
Newly Registered

Post by Dinesh2008 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 am

for children below 4, eurostar says it is free and they do not provide ticket. otherwise i have to state my child as 4years and buy a ticket for which i might have to pay.

http://www.eurostar.com/dynamic/_SvBoEx ... g=UK&VT=EB

I'm non EEA-Citizen and I'm here on WP from india.

Thanks,
Dinesh

elixya

Post by elixya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:22 am

Dinesh2008 wrote:for children below 4, eurostar says it is free and they do not provide ticket. otherwise i have to state my child as 4years and buy a ticket for which i might have to pay.

http://www.eurostar.com/dynamic/_SvBoEx ... g=UK&VT=EB

I'm non EEA-Citizen and I'm here on WP from india.

Thanks,
Dinesh
Yes, you have to pay but this is worth to get a confirmation for the embassy isn't it? you don't have to state any age. they say on the website if you are comfortable enough to travel with a child on your lap, you don't have to buy a ticket but you can if you need a seat for him (or a confirmation :? )- age doesn't matter.

xjessie007
Newly Registered

Post by xjessie007 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:59 pm

I do not think it is necessary to get confirmation for your child. It would be better if you were able to have one, but it should not really affect the Schengen visa if you do not have it. You have your child written in your passport, right? Or, it can be assumed that your child is YOUR's. Then it is obvious that the child is not going to stay in the destination country without you, especially considering it is only 2 years old. I am surprised you even have to apply separetely for its own Schengen visa. Are you sure the child needs its own Schengen visa? Does the child have its own passport, or do you have his name in your passport? Here is a pretty good resource on Schengen visa.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:57 pm

I have an apointment for Schengen VISA for france on 19th July, can anybody confirm whether I need to take myh wife with me as I am applying for myself, her and my children. It clearly states that children should not be brought for the VISA appointment, but no clear instruction for Dependent Adults.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 am

dhavaluk wrote:I have an apointment for Schengen VISA for france on 19th July, can anybody confirm whether I need to take myh wife with me as I am applying for myself, her and my children. It clearly states that children should not be brought for the VISA appointment, but no clear instruction for Dependent Adults.
I don't know if it is compulsory... My hubby went with me (non-EEA spouse) the last time and will be doing so again next week.

I'd say have your wife accompany you (just for peace of mind) and then confirm from the French if this is necessary.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks Plum! btw, when are you going for the interview? mine is on 19th, and how long did it take last time to get you passports stamped with VISA?