ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO Lost documents-say unable to locate your application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miki

HO Lost documents-say unable to locate your application

Post by miki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Hello,

I have submitted my Tier 1 extension application on 18th Feb 2009.

Old visa expired on – 5th March 2009.

My application was straight forward.

I received reference letter dated 19th Feb 2009.

On 27th May, 14 weeks completed and I was getting same answer for status as "Under consideration" for 2 months.

So I made complain on 28th May and received reference letter related to complain.

Today I received reply for complain that "We are still trying to locate your documents within our agency".

It means they lost my file but they don't want to accept it.

1) Now which are the options available for me to act? (Other than Just wait ..wait…. :lol: )

2) Can solicitor help in this case? / Local MP?

3) As My contract job could end any time. (1-2 weeks)

So would like to know, can someone look for new job if application is pending with HO? (Is there any chance to secure any contract / permanent job without new visa copy). Or its just time waste to look for new job.

Please suggest.

vt_76

Re: HO Lost documents-say unable to locate your application

Post by vt_76 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi Miki,

atlast you got to know some status atleast.....no wonder you had wait that long with same status..

if possible try to claim for not being able to work from HO....

I wish you good luck ...hope that it will be sorted out soon..

VT

miki wrote:Hello,

On 27th May, 14 weeks completed and I was getting same answer for status as "Under consideration" for 2 months.

So I made complain on 28th May and received reference letter related to complain.

Today I received reply for complain that "We are still trying to locate your documents within our agency".

1) Now which are the options available for me to act? (Other than Just wait ..wait…. :lol: )

So would like to know, can someone look for new job if application is pending with HO? (Is there any chance to secure any contract / permanent job without new visa copy). Or its just time waste to look for new job.

Please suggest.

miki

Post by miki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 pm

vt_76 wrote:Hi Miki,

atlast you got to know some status atleast.....no wonder you had wait that long with same status..

if possible try to claim for not being able to work from HO....

I wish you good luck ...hope that it will be sorted out soon..

VT
Thanks VT_76. That's right atleast I got some updates and exact reason behind delay.

Just don't understand what are the options I have ? Or Should I just wait for the next reply from HO.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:13 pm

miki wrote: Thanks VT_76. That's right atleast I got some updates and exact reason behind delay.

Just don't understand what are the options I have ? Or Should I just wait for the next reply from HO.
Can you contact the person who wrote you? Write a letter explaining that you need it to take new contract work ASAP. If they don't find it in 2 weeks, I think it's lost. You have to be prepared to go through replacing your passport and the visas.

But on the bright side, you have their acknowledgment that they had it, that you submitted the application on time, etc. It will be a hassle, but your immigration status should be secure. And they should bend over backwards to get your Tier 1 on the new passport immediately. Maybe a solicitor would be of help in this case.

Just thought, could they at least write you a letter that you are entitled to take up work in the UK and that they have your papers? This would at least help you get new work.

miki

Post by miki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:41 pm

bani wrote:
miki wrote: Thanks VT_76. That's right atleast I got some updates and exact reason behind delay.

Can you contact the person who wrote you? Write a letter explaining that you need it to take new contract work ASAP. If they don't find it in 2 weeks, I think it's lost. You have to be prepared to go through replacing your passport and the visas.

But on the bright side, you have their acknowledgment that they had it, that you submitted the application on time, etc. It will be a hassle, but your immigration status should be secure. And they should bend over backwards to get your Tier 1 on the new passport immediately. Maybe a solicitor would be of help in this case.

Just thought, could they at least write you a letter that you are entitled to take up work in the UK and that they have your papers? This would at least help you get new work.
Hello Bani,

Thanks you so much for your kind reply and suggestions.

I couldn't contact the person who signed the letter as don't have any direct contact no.

I have address so atleast planning to write to them.

Actually HO point of view I am on permanent job as working thr. umbrella company so couldn't give reason to take new contract.

I can give reason as been laid off. :lol:

As per my knowledge, reference and acknowledgment letters are enough to show anyone that my status in UK is legal and could work. But definitely will ask to them to give some kind of letter.

My query is that "Will any employer be hesitant to give me any role as application is pending with HO" ?

Anyways I am going to try my best to look for any new role...as couldn't take any break as can't visit my home country without passport and visa.

It's catch22...can't look for job and can't go for holidays. :lol:

Could someone suggest any solicitor who can help and push my case so that atleast HO accepts that they lost my document and I can resubmit my application instead of just waiting.

I tried to contact many immigration solicitor but most of them denied to say anything without appointment with them so need to spend £75 and then only they will suggest they could help or not...

Please suggest.
Last edited by miki on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:26 pm

My query is that "Could any employer will hesitant to give me any role as application is pending with HO" ?
Yes, you are right about that. Most employers will not take the risk of giving you a long-term job when your application with UKBA could go either way. You will probably lose the job to another candidate.

Good luck.

miki

Post by miki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 pm

bani wrote:
My query is that "Will any employer be hesitant to give me any role as application is pending with HO" ?
Yes, you are right about that. Most employers will not take the risk of giving you a long-term job when your application with UKBA could go either way. You will probably lose the job to another candidate.

Good luck.
Thanks VT_76.

I'll try my best.

Is there anyone / know someone who got job while application was pending with HO ?

miki

Post by miki » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Could someone suggest any solicitor who can help and push my case so that atleast HO accepts that they lost my document and I can resubmit my application instead of keep on waiting.

Is it worth to spend £75 for an appoinment and discuss my case with immigration solicitor ?

Do I have any option to act now ? Or just wait for home office to send more updates in next few weeks/months.

Really confused and don't know what I should do.

Please suggest.

manishmittal
BANNED

Post by manishmittal » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:14 pm

miki wrote:Could someone suggest any solicitor who can help and push my case so that atleast HO accepts that they lost my document and I can resubmit my application instead of keep on waiting.

Is it worth to spend £75 for an appoinment and discuss my case with immigration solicitor ?

Do I have any option to act now ? Or just wait for home office to send more updates in next few weeks/months.

Really confused and don't know what I should do.

Please suggest.
Its worth spending £75 fee for immigration lawyer.

anks1022
Newly Registered

Post by anks1022 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:21 pm

miki wrote:Hello,

Please suggest.
--------------------------

My case is similer to urs....
Application sent on 27 Mar, 09. Acknowledgement received on 30 mar. Amount deducted same day.
now when i asked for the status of my application on 12 May they said they said they have dispatched a ltter to my home address and thats it. Hav not received any package. Status UNDER CONSIDERATION. the clock seem to have stopped.
They are not responding to my letters...Immigration Enquiry Bureau dont know much , dont tell much.
Now I dont know what to do...keep on sending letters to HO...to my local MP....

Also PLEASE somebody tell me how to make a complaint. They provide a compalint form but to which address do I ahve to send that????

Anythings related to similar cases PLEASE SHARE......

-Ankur

miki

Post by miki » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Finally Good news. Recv. passports back with extnesion visa till 5 March 2012.

Hip hip hurrey....Time to book long vacation. very much relaxed now. :D

Timelines.....

Category: HSMP to Tier 1 (Extention)
Applied: 18 Feb 2009
Reached HO as Dated on Ref. letter : 19th Feb 2009
Visa Expired: 5 March 2009
Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
2nd Apr (6 weeks completed) - Awaiting Further Consideration
3rd Apr to till last week - Under consideration

Made complaint - 28th May (after exact 14 weks)
Complaint Reply - 23rd June - Reason for delay - "Unable to locate your application within our agency"
Involved local MP on 1st July. He sent letter to HO on 2nd July.

7th July - Recv. all docs and passports with visa extension till 05 march 2012.

Visa stamped on - 25th March 2009.

It shows that my application was misplaced somewhere for almost 3.5 months. :lol:

Thanks to everybody for all your kind support,help and suggestions.

All the best.
Last edited by miki on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 am

Yes, Miki finally you can go on long vacation....wait is over..

do you think because your local MP involved, you got the docs back quickly?

VT

miki wrote:Finally Good news. Recv. passports back with extnesion visa till 5 March 2012.

Hip hip hurrey....Time to book long vacation. very much relaxed now. :D

Timelines.....

Category: HSMP to Tier 1 (Extention)
Applied: 18 Feb 2009
Reached HO as Dated on Ref. letter : 19th Feb 2009
Visa Expired: 5 March 2009
Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
2nd Apr (6 weeks completed) - Awaiting Further Consideration
3rd Apr to till last week - Under consideration

Made complaint - 28th May (after exact 14 weks)
Complaint Reply - 23rd June - Reason for delay - "Unable to locate your application within our agency"
Invloved local MP on 1st July. He sent letter to HO on 2nd July.

7th July - Recv. all docs and passports with visa extension till 05 march 2012.

Visa stamped on - 25th March 2009.

It shows that my application was misplaced somewhere for almost 3.5 months. :lol:

Thanks to everybody for all your kind support,help and suggestions.

All the best.

miki

Post by miki » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:40 pm

vt_76 wrote:Yes, Miki finally you can go on long vacation....wait is over..

do you think because your local MP involved, you got the docs back quickly?

VT
Thanks VT_76.

On 2nd July local MP sent letter to HO and it may have reached on 3rd July.(Friday)

My documents despatched from HO on 6th July.(Monday)

Can't say anything what exactly worked for me. ( May be complaint / local MP involvement / just destiny :lol: ).

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:12 am

Congratulations! I'm glad it all worked out after a long and worrying wait.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Congratulations!!
Must be because of MP, but it looks strange that the visa was issued on 25th March, 2009, while you saw status from 3rd April till last week "under consideration".

I was staying in different countries for employment over the past several years and from my immigration experiences I can conclude one thing, "No matter what laws state, it depends on the case worker to decide your fate."
miki wrote: Can't say anything what exactly worked for me. ( May be complaint / local MP involvement / just destiny :lol: ).

miki

Post by miki » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:50 pm

Thanks Bani and mvent00.