ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange letter from Home office

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lionking007

Strange letter from Home office

Post by lionking007 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Hello Folks,

I received a very strange letter from the Home office requesting me to return the passport with 2 passport sized photographs so that "they can update their records"

It also mentions that if I do not want to send the passport + Photos they will update the records with the information they currently on their files.

Very strange I would have thought they all knw where we live, eat drink, work etc....

I was wondering has anyone in this forum received similar letters??????

The end of the letter says WPLTR 3

shope
Newly Registered

Re: Strange letter from Home office

Post by shope » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 pm

lionking007 wrote:Hello Folks,

I received a very strange letter from the Home office requesting me to return the passport with 2 passport sized photographs so that "they can update their records"

It also mentions that if I do not want to send the passport + Photos they will update the records with the information they currently on their files.

Very strange I would have thought they all knw where we live, eat drink, work etc....

Are you on work permit? Tier 2? or someother category. when was the last time visa was granted to you?

lionking007

Re: Strange letter from Home office

Post by lionking007 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:14 am

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I am on a workpermit since 2005. I changed the employer and got new work permit in October 2008. FLR there after has been granted to me up to 2013

Are you on work permit? Tier 2? or someother category. when was the last time visa was granted to you?[/quote]
shope wrote:
lionking007 wrote:Hello Folks,

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:31 pm

If you have an FLR stamp issued in your passport (a sticker with a photo on it) since Nov 2008 then my only suggestion is that maybe they've lost the photo on their files.

If you don't have an FLR stamp with a photo issued after Nov then they have slipped up somehow and forgotten to endorse your passport, hence the request now.

That is the only thing I can think of to explain it.

rajuraju
Newly Registered

Post by rajuraju » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:46 am

hi lionking007,
I also recived same letter on 9/07/2009. next day i contact on sheffield ph no they told me you no need to send passport you send only a letter where you working.
My case is that i also changed a employer a also got new work permit approvel but my new empolyer is lier he deniey give selery he promised me. so i didnt join his company and didnt send my passport for new stamp i am still working with my old employer he didnt cancel my workpermit still i getting payslip and p60. i alredy send a letter to HO.if i will get any other information i will update you. pls you also update

GUSHDEZ
Newly Registered

Letter from the Home Office

Post by GUSHDEZ » Mon May 16, 2011 2:35 pm

I received the same strange letter from the Home office requesting me to return the passport with 2 photographs so that "they can update their records"

I have a work permit sponsored by my ex-employer until Sept. 2012.
They dismissed me three months ago and I believe they report me to the Home Office. I found out It was "an unfair dismissal" and I already lodge a claim before the employment tribunal.

I don't have a job at the moment, still looking for a new sponsor.
1. Will the Home Office cancel my current visa?
2.Do I have any rights to be in the UK for a certain time to defend my claim before the employment tribunal? I have been living (legally) in the UK for more than 7 years.
3. Should I send my passport and explain my situation?

I would appreciate any advise. Thanks

ouflak1

Re: Letter from the Home Office

Post by ouflak1 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:48 pm

GUSHDEZ wrote:I have a work permit sponsored by my ex-employer until Sept. 2012.
They dismissed me three months ago ...
They no longer were your sponsor the moment you were dismissed.
GUSHDEZ wrote:They dismissed me three months ago and I believe they report me to the Home Office. ... I don't have a job at the moment, still looking for a new sponsor.
1. Will the Home Office cancel my current visa?
According to the rules of the Work Permit you had 28 days within which to find a job or leave. I do believe that rule has been superceded by the more recent rule stating that you have 60 days. In either case, you may now be outside of you visa conditions.
GUSHDEZ wrote: I believe they report me to the Home Office. I found out It was "an unfair dismissal" and I already lodge a claim before the employment tribunal.

2.Do I have any rights to be in the UK for a certain time to defend my claim before the employment tribunal? I have been living (legally) in the UK for more than 7 years.
Whether they have reported the new circumstances or not, I don't believe that the employment tribunal and the Home Office are related. The only place I can see possible overlap in your case is if your former employer was somehow using your situation as a work permit (unable to switch jobs, having to leave the UK if job is gone) to force you into illegal working conditions.
GUSHDEZ wrote:I received the same strange letter from the Home office requesting me to return the passport with 2 photographs so that "they can update their records"

3. Should I send my passport and explain my situation?

I would appreciate any advise. Thanks
From the previous posts, it sounds like some sort of standard request, but if I were you, I would get your visa status settled as soon as possible, even if that means leaving and applying from your 'home' country. Good luck!