ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Imp...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nad

Very Imp...

Post by nad » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 pm

HI,
I'am been working from the last 7 months and at the same time I'am self employed as well.
I've been deposting my salary cheques and self employment cheques in two different accounts. but I've been maintaing £800 in only my salary account.
whereas my self employment account I wan't maintaing much,
will that be enough to maintain only one account , do I have to mention in cover letter as well. any comments much apprecaited.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Very Imp...

Post by push » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 pm

nad wrote:HI,
I'am been working from the last 7 months and at the same time I'am self employed as well.
I've been deposting my salary cheques and self employment cheques in two different accounts. but I've been maintaing £800 in only my salary account.
whereas my self employment account I wan't maintaing much,
will that be enough to maintain only one account , do I have to mention in cover letter as well. any comments much apprecaited.
All you need is the minimum balance (GBP800 if you have been in US for more than 12 months). This could be in just one account or multiple accounts considered together.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Yes, it is fine. But if you are submitting statements from both accounts, make sure you stress that the £800 is in the one account, and also state why you are submitting two accounts, as caseworkers are not the brightest tool in the shed and are often overworked, so can make mistakes.

If they make a mistake of course you will win the appeal, but that will mean more stress, money, and wait for you, so do what you can to make sure they don't have the opportunity to make mistakes.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Agree. Caseworkers have a high propensity to make mistakes usually to the disadvantage of the applicants.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer