ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension - Declaring Traffic offence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ram.r2
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension - Declaring Traffic offence

Post by ram.r2 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi All,
I browsed through the forums on this topic, but still I find the following areas unclear. Can someone clarify this please?

I'm planning to submit my tier1 extension, along with the dependant application next week. I have 3 points on my UK licence due to a speeding ticket. My wife has 3 points on her provisional licence for traffic signal violation. I understand that these are relatively minor offences, but would need to be declared. But the questions that remain on reading the application form are:

a) should the counterpart of the licence be attached with the application form as a evidence of having 3 penalty points?
b) Is this a case of civil judgement or criminal offence?
c) There is a section that asks for date of sentence/Judgement. There was no sentence/Judgement passed for awarding points to me. So what date should be filled in here?
d) My wife committed the offence with her indian licence. So, the case was dealt my court and fine of £50 paid. So, in my dependant application form, do I need to mention the date of sentence/Judgement(the date when the case was dealt with in court and fine levied).?
e) There is one more section that asks the details of sentence or civil judgement. Again, I think this would not apply to me but applies to my wife(because her offence was dealt in court, as she had indian driving licence). Is that correct?

Can someone please clarify the above points.

Thanks,
Prabhu

tomcat
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Extension - Declaring Traffic offence

Post by tomcat » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:40 pm

ram.r2 wrote:Hi All,
I browsed through the forums on this topic, but still I find the following areas unclear. Can someone clarify this please?

I'm planning to submit my tier1 extension, along with the dependant application next week. I have 3 points on my UK licence due to a speeding ticket. My wife has 3 points on her provisional licence for traffic signal violation. I understand that these are relatively minor offences, but would need to be declared. But the questions that remain on reading the application form are:

a) should the counterpart of the licence be attached with the application form as a evidence of having 3 penalty points?
b) Is this a case of civil judgement or criminal offence?
c) There is a section that asks for date of sentence/Judgement. There was no sentence/Judgement passed for awarding points to me. So what date should be filled in here?
d) My wife committed the offence with her indian licence. So, the case was dealt my court and fine of £50 paid. So, in my dependant application form, do I need to mention the date of sentence/Judgement(the date when the case was dealt with in court and fine levied).?
e) There is one more section that asks the details of sentence or civil judgement. Again, I think this would not apply to me but applies to my wife(because her offence was dealt in court, as she had indian driving licence). Is that correct?

Can someone please clarify the above points.

Thanks,
Prabhu
Prabhu,

The bottom line is that you have to declare these offeces on the form. I know someone on this forum their visa got refused becouse not disclosing traffic offence.

The decision will not effect (I am 110% sure but you can as someone for your piece of mind) your application . So be honest and declare this.

You dont need to provide any evidence about this. they will find out from police database if they want to verify ( and quite often they do verify!)

I know this becouse I was in same situation and I have declared this on both application (HSMP initial and Tier 1). & didnt harmed me on either ocassion.

SO BE HONEST AND DECLARE WHAT EVER THERE IS.

ALL THE BEST.

tomcat

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Just declare it. I had speeding tickets too, mentioned no court case, on the spot fine and that's it.

Date is just approximation and just as it is.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Anything that has been recorded down in a police database or as a court judgement/fine has to be declared, as this will definitely come up when the Home Office does its search.

If they find something that wasn't declared, it is literally a straight rejection, and then you will have to go through the painful process of appeal.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

manishmittal
BANNED

Just declare.

Post by manishmittal » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:07 am

Just declare in the form. It will not affect the outcome of your application (except for naturalization purpose, when all the criminal convictions should be spent). I can assure you 200%. If you don't declare and BHO comes to know of it, you will be banned for 10 years.