ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Passport after recieving naturalisation cert

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

opengl
Newly Registered

Applying for Passport after recieving naturalisation cert

Post by opengl » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi folks

While applying for the passport do we need to send the original naturalisation certificate and birth cirtificate to the passport office?

I had recieved my cert two days ago and I am thinking of applying for the passport.

Cheers

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:06 am

yes u need to send original naturalisation cert, and a birth cert (english translated if not already in english) they will return all original documents with the irish passport. make a note of reference number of the application form for your record.

the other option is u can go to the passport office and apply in person they will photocopy all the necessary documents and return them to u straight away but applying by post is quicker.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:54 pm

That's right, applying by post is quicker.

Funny enought when the passport is ready, they send your passport and other orignal document in REQULAR POST.

When you received the naturalisation from INIS it was sent using REGISTER POST.

can someone help me and explain, why passport and other important document being sent by REGULAR POST from passport office?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 pm

In the UK they always send you the new passport by secure mail. They will charge you £3 extra to return your supporting documents by secure mail.