ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

earning points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Butt
Newly Registered

earning points

Post by Butt » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:31 pm

hi guys
i came to uk on student visa issue on jul-2006 since sep-2006 i m studying in the UK but before i was working in pakistan with very low income so cant claim points for earning in pakistan. I have the following points

Education: MBA(taugt in english) 35 points
Earning: internship income 14,000 + part time job income 6,000
apart from internship i am working part time as well under 20 hours which allow according to the UK law so my total earning for last 12month is above GBP 20,000
so i have 15 points for earning

Uk experience 5 points

so i have enough points to apply for tier1 general but only question i have in my mind will home office consider the income i have earned during full time work which is internship keeping in mind that i am on student visa.

i shall be very thankful for your comments

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: earning points

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Butt wrote: so i have enough points to apply for tier1 general but only question i have in my mind will home office consider the income i have earned during full time work which is internship keeping in mind that i am on student visa.
Is this internship is a part of your academic curriculum? If you have lawfully earned the money (i.e. if you are allowed to work full time along with you studies) then you can claim the points.
You would need obviously need to show two evidence for the same.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:27 pm

If I would be your place, I write an email to Home Office and ask the question that I am on a student visa on course X and doing 20 hours a week part time job and I also have to do the internship to complete the couser - just ask Home Office if you can do internship for xx numbers of hours with 20 hours of part time job on your current visa?

I have lot of friends who are doing ACCA. They have to gain 3 years training with some accounting firm to complete the course but Home Office requires them to obtain WP if they want to work full time as trainee with some accounting firm. So better to check with them.

Butt
Newly Registered

Thanks alot

Post by Butt » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:53 pm

thank you very much i will send a e-mail to home office because as you guys have correctly mentioned that this internship is part of my course so i will ask home office and get back to you soon.

Best Regards