ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank account from other country - maintenance fund issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dannytrinh
Newly Registered

bank account from other country - maintenance fund issues

Post by dannytrinh » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:45 pm

I got a big problem. It is all my fault not reading the rules carefully.

My visa expires on 21/09 this year but only until yesterday (26/06) I knew about the 3 months rules (I thought that was £1200 and two months). So my balance dropped to £500 on 25/06 and rose again to £900 on 26/06 as soon as I knew about the rules.

My question is should I still apply for PSW, then get refused and appeal?
Or should I stay in UK illegally 4 days until 26/09, then apply in person?

In my other case I realise that on 26/05 I have more than £800 in my UK account. I dropped down to £500 on 26/06. But at the same time, I have another bank account at my country which has £350 . So in this case I have to submit both bank account details.
The problem here is now I am in UK, and don't know what papers should I ask from my oversee bank? How can I get them as if they post it here, it may take quite a long time.

Thank you very much for your help.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:45 am

If u hav a overseas bank account which is under u name then u can send both accounts with a combined balance of £800 or more but the overseas account shud be in u name. All u need is the statements from the bank and make sure that the date are same on both accounts. The statements shud not be more than 1 month old before the date of the application. If u can not get the bank statements then u need a letter so read the guidence. The best thing is to get the statements. If u apply with the UK account then u application will be refused and u will have a right of appeal.

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:15 pm

You can ask your bank to sent it with a courier like DHL, and they can deduct the cost from your account or any other method. Then explain it on a letter that you have sent two bank statements. Please also make sure that the bank statement from your home country have got a covering letter, clarifying your full name and account number. The bank statements would be better if they are stamped. Also they must be in English or otherwise officially translated into English alongside the original statements.

Please under no circumstances do not send your application later than the date of your visa. You will be rejected automatically and will have to leave the UK. Plus you will get a stamp which will ban you from coming here for at least a year.