ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i hv to work 4 complete 5 years?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MYSPACE
Newly Registered

Do i hv to work 4 complete 5 years?

Post by MYSPACE » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Am on EUfam of 5 years, do i have to work for 5 straight years to qualify for naturalization? the present economy clement do not look promising for job hunters in this country. :(

can someone please explain more specific.

jhbmike

Re: Do i hv to work 4 complete 5 years?

Post by jhbmike » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:34 pm

MYSPACE wrote:Am on EUfam of 5 years, do i have to work for 5 straight years to qualify for naturalization? the present economy clement do not look promising for job hunters in this country. :(

can someone please explain more specific.
As a stamp4 eufam holder you are exempt from permits and visas.(As you already know) The EU citizen has to either be self sufficient or employed and as such is exercising their treaty rights which then transfers to you giving you the non Eu citizen the same rights as an EU citizen. Nowhere does it state that you have to be employed to get citizenship. As long as youre partner is working and supporting you, there should be no reason for refusal of citizenship.