ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Rejected Due to absence of Bank Logo

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishna6693

Tier 1 Visa Rejected Due to absence of Bank Logo

Post by krishna6693 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:48 am

Dear All

I had applied for a Tier 1 (General) Migrant Visa and have received a rejection letter stating that (The submitted HDFC Bank Statement is not acceptable as the bank logo does not appear on the bank statement as per the requirements of the published guidance. Bank letter enclosed does not mention the balance held during the 3 month period prior to lodging the application).

However, I had collected the statement directly from HDFC Bank. The statement bears the Bank seal and signature. The bank authorities say it is the standard way of presenting their statements and are willing to provide me a letter that this is their standard way to present statements and will confirm my details to the HC, if verification happens.

In this case, am I eligible for an admin review. Please advice.

Thank you
Krishna

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:38 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Visa Rejected Due to absence of Bank Logo

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:18 am

If your statement was genuine(with Bank stamp on it) and also bank is happy to verify the same through letter, you should go for Admin Review.
krishna6693 wrote:Dear All

I had applied for a Tier 1 (General) Migrant Visa and have received a rejection letter stating that (The submitted HDFC Bank Statement is not acceptable as the bank logo does not appear on the bank statement as per the requirements of the published guidance. Bank letter enclosed does not mention the balance held during the 3 month period prior to lodging the application).

However, I had collected the statement directly from HDFC Bank. The statement bears the Bank seal and signature. The bank authorities say it is the standard way of presenting their statements and are willing to provide me a letter that this is their standard way to present statements and will confirm my details to the HC, if verification happens.

In this case, am I eligible for an admin review. Please advice.

Thank you
Krishna

krishna6693

Bank logo

Post by krishna6693 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:33 am

Hi Chetan
Thank you for your reply. The notice states no additional or supporting documents to be submitted.
If I submit the letter from Bank, will it be considered as supporting doucument?

Please let me know if anything else needs to be submitted, apart from the letter.

Thanks
Krishna

krishna6693

Bank logo

Post by krishna6693 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:34 am

Thank you Vinny, I will apply for admin review.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Bank logo

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 am

krishna6693 wrote:Hi Chetan
Thank you for your reply. The notice states no additional or supporting documents to be submitted.
If I submit the letter from Bank, will it be considered as supporting doucument?

Please let me know if anything else needs to be submitted, apart from the letter.

Thanks
Krishna
There are many cases in forum where people has provide evidences to "prove that evidences they submitted originally" were genuine. Check threads of successfull appeals and you can get directions for members directly.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:38 am

Thank you for your instant reply, Chetan.

Please let me know if you have any idea how long may the admin review long.

Thanks
Krishna

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:50 am

krishna6693 wrote:Thank you for your instant reply, Chetan.

Thanks
Krishna
Applying for India? Not sure...I have never been through this. But it depends in the work load of BHC. Varies between 4 weeks(or less) to over 12 weeks.
Sometimes people do find it easy/quick to re-apply instead of going for admin review due to the delay caused by BHC(which seems more deliberate).

amsey1382
Newly Registered

Post by amsey1382 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:36 am

chetanojha wrote:
krishna6693 wrote:Thank you for your instant reply, Chetan.

Thanks
Krishna
Applying for India? Not sure...I have never been through this. But it depends in the work load of BHC. Varies between 4 weeks(or less) to over 12 weeks.
Sometimes people do find it easy/quick to re-apply instead of going for admin review due to the delay caused by BHC(which seems more deliberate).

Hi Krishna,
I was rejected for exact same reasons....
Did you get any idea as how to convince that the additional documents shall be allowed to send with yor application?

Moreover, what exactly are you planning to take from the bank?

A letter stating that the way print-outs have been given to you, is the standard way...moreover during verification they will surely confirm that..

Please help, i'm seeking help for AR

amsey1382
Newly Registered

Post by amsey1382 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:59 am

This is what i've posted in another thread..

I'm planning to develop my argument on the same lines:

1>> The standard fromat of statements issued by ICICI bank is the one which i've submitted. It contains the seal and stamp at every page.
2>> There is a process which verifies that the A/C statments are genuine, why not the process carried out and a decision was taken only on the ground of missing logo
3>> The excerept from Home office site:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/
If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement

I fullfill this requirement.

4>> Moreover, I'm planning to argue that i should be allowed to send a letter from the bank stating that, this is the standard way they issue the statements and it's just to corroborate the previously submitted documents and not a fresh document (which they claim, you shouldn't)

Moreover, this is what i've posted on another thread:---

I really disappointed with, i've been to UK almost 5 times before and though it would be easy for them...
Before i write anything, let me put down the ECO comment:

"You have not provided the specified document to support your claim of 10 points under Appendix c of immigration rules. You have submitted bank statements from ICICI and HDFC banks, however the statements don't contain the official logo as required by the published guidance. You have not, therfore, scored 10 points under Appendix C and I refuse your application under paragraph [245C(e)] of the immigration rules"

EC applied on 2nd june and refused on 25th June, 09 in Dehli.
Now i'need some immediate help from you guys,

I've submitted the bank statements with duly sealed and signed by ICICI and HDFC bank. Offcourse the bank name and address was printed on it but not the "official LOGO" and i doubt on a Dot-Matrix printer, they (Bank)will put any paper apart from the typical computer paper (White one).

1>> Should i try for the AR? - My bank statements are genuine and i guess, if they would have tried to verify it, they would have received the positive response but they didn't verify and just rejected it on the ground of missing logo...
2>> They have explicitly stated that, I'm not supposed to send the extra documents along with my AR request. I've read on another post that someone tried to negotiate with counslate and they let him to send the extra document.
Should I try a negotiation and if they agree to it, i'll get a letter from bank stating that i've maintained at least minimum sum of this amount in my bank and the statements issued to me were genuine..

Please help..

Thanks in advance!

krishna6693

Bank Logo

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:13 am

Hey Amit

Both of us in the same boat.. Wishing both of us a definite and quick success.

According to my understanding till now, its just the fault of the bank for which we are in this soup.

I had taken a letter from the bank that the statement was provided by them and it is their standard procedure to provide the statements.

My suggestion: Dont argue. Just send your covering letter and the letter from bank. We cant ask them to verify as it will be like telling them to do their job. I am aware they didnt do their job with care, but no one likes telling anyone what their or our job.

Trying to negotiate with counslate is also a good idea. Please let me know how to go ahead with the negotiation.

Regards
Krishna

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:29 am

1>> The standard fromat of statements issued by ICICI bank is the one which i've submitted. It contains the seal and stamp at every page.
2>> There is a process which verifies that the A/C statments are genuine, why not the process carried out and a decision was taken only on the ground of missing logo
ICICI does provide bank statement on their letter head. You need to push them a little or else they will provide you statement on rubbish dot-matrix paper. I had the same issue during my initial HSMP application. I had to fight it through to get the statement. But ICICI does provide statement on letter headed paper.

krishna6693

AR

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:49 am

Hi Chetan

While applying for AR, is it advisable to enclose the account statement on the letter head along with bank letter that that initial statement (without logo) provided was from the bank and they can verify the funds from this statement with logo.

Krishna

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: AR

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:20 am

krishna6693 wrote:Hi Chetan

While applying for AR, is it advisable to enclose the account statement on the letter head along with bank letter that that initial statement (without logo) provided was from the bank and they can verify the funds from this statement with logo.

Krishna
Yes provide as much supporting evidence as possible so that BHC does not have any way to prove you wrong. Needless to say this includes providing evidence for evidences...which is pain. Check this link.
By the way, which BHC(Chennai/Mumbai etc did you applied?[/url]
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:38 am

Chennai VFS.. Chetan.

One more question.. then im confident i have gathered all the required information.

If I provide the statement on HDFC letter head now, will there be a possibility that BHC will state as to why didnt I provide this earlier and how could I get it now.

Most of the questions might sound silly, but I wanted to be as clear as possible.

Thank you for your support.

Krishna

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 am

krishna6693 wrote:Chennai VFS.. Chetan.

One more question.. then im confident i have gathered all the required information.

If I provide the statement on HDFC letter head now, will there be a possibility that BHC will state as to why didnt I provide this earlier and how could I get it now.

Most of the questions might sound silly, but I wanted to be as clear as possible.

Thank you for your support.

Krishna
Chennai VFS. This make sense. Chennai VFS is notorious for refusing genuine application. I don't know whether they have hired some dump people or bunch of morons.Chennai VFS rejects many application just for the sake of rejecting. When they are challenged, application generally go through. Chennia BHC is just hopeless.. People got rejected and then reapplied with the very same documents and received approval/stamp which is ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if your appeal take some time to go through. By delaying the admin review, these guys are pushing people to make a fresh application.

Coming back to your main question, NO they should not ask you as why you have not supplied the letter as you have provided bank statement which was stamped by your bank. It is their duty to verify it and not your. Clearly they rejected application without verifying with bank. The thing you should understand here is Banks do not define it processes as per the BHC/VFS or HO. Bank has provided its statement in the standard format. Isn't it?
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:58 am

Chetan, your response makes a lot of sense. Last one: Since you are well aware of my case and Chennai VFS, what would you have done if you encountered a similar situation. Fresh application or AR?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:03 am

krishna6693 wrote:Chetan, your response makes a lot of sense. Last one: Since you are well aware of my case and Chennai VFS, what would you have done if you encountered a similar situation. Fresh application or AR?
I will try to weigh options.

1. If I have time in hand, I will go for appeal as I wouldn't allow these morons to eat my £750(or equivalent amount) for application and reject my application just because somebody on their side didn't verified from bank.

2.But if I have got a job in hand(in UK) and I have to join, then spending another £750 would be a viable option. In the long term £750 would a small amount to loose a job for.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:05 am

Thanks a milliion for your help, support and cooperation Chetan.

amsey1382
Newly Registered

Hi: Final confirmation..

Post by amsey1382 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey guys, thanks a ton!

Though mine was refused from Dehli office for the same reason, but the guy didn't pay the proper attention:
So i'm writing a proper summary as what i'm going to put up.

1. They have given me the poins for the previous earning (45) points but they said that the HDFC bank statement doesn't have logo. As it may happen that during review, they accept the ICICI bank statements for the maintenance fund proof but give the same theory for tha lst earnings..So i'm planning to do the same with the HDFC Bank statements.
1. I'll get statements on HDFC letter head and also a letter stating that the previously issued statement on (Date X, Y, Z) was a genuine statement and further corroborated with the statements right now issued.

2. I'll get a same letter from the ICICI.along with bank letter that that initial statement (without logo) provided was from the bank and they can verify the funds from this statement with logo.

3. In the notice letter, should i give the reference of the guideline or the new statements which i'm attaching and why exactly i think that the application was overlooked?

4. I've alredy shoot an e-mail and waiting eagerly reply from embessy, if they let me put in additional documents...I think than, i'll be free to put in as many documents I want otherwise, it will be like going for a toss..

Krishna / Chetan, any advice would be very benificial...

Cheers,
Amit

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Perfect.. This was my plan too and I have collected the letter from bank and bank statement with logo.

By embassey, do u mean VFS? If it is VFS, there is no use to contact them as they copy and paste the same information present in the UK visas site. They always tell you something which you already know.

Chetan/Amit: Is hotel booking required during the initial application. I have provided the hotel booking copy, but wanna cancel it now. Pls advice.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 pm

krishna6693 wrote:Perfect.. This was my plan too and I have collected the letter from bank and bank statement with logo.

By embassey, do u mean VFS? If it is VFS, there is no use to contact them as they copy and paste the same information present in the UK visas site. They always tell you something which you already know.

Chetan/Amit: Is hotel booking required during the initial application. I have provided the hotel booking copy, but wanna cancel it now. Pls advice.
Hotel Booking is not required for Initial Tier-1 application. I think that is required only for tourist visas(but not sure).

amsey1382
Newly Registered

Post by amsey1382 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Krishna,

HDFC issues the statement on a logo?

Good, i've yet to do that so i want to check as what did you say to them?Did you show them the refusal letter ..

Moreover, IS my understanding of writing in the refusal notice letter is correct?

Cheers,
Amit

amsey1382
Newly Registered

Post by amsey1382 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:31 pm

krishna6693 wrote:Perfect.. This was my plan too and I have collected the letter from bank and bank statement with logo.

1.. No i wrote it to embessy directly (Home office), i read it on the portal that some one tried to negotiate and took a buy-in of attaching extra document before really sending it...
He also attached a print-out of the mail agreement

2. You don't need any reservation..

-Amit

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Amit, would you be kind enough to provide me the address or email id of the embassey.

Also, if you could send me the link to the thread, if you have for the below.

No i wrote it to embessy directly (Home office), i read it on the portal that some one tried to negotiate and took a buy-in of attaching extra document before really sending it...
He also attached a print-out of the mail agreement