ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benefit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

not sure
Newly Registered

Housing Benefit?

Post by not sure » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Hello all.

this forum popped up in a search for something, looked useful so thought I'd register. OK. here's ths situation.

I'm a British Citizen, born n bred yayyyy. And my wife is here on a 2 year spouse visa. She went for ESOL classes but didn't pass, she has done the Life in UK test, but hasn't passed so far. We have a son who is nearly one years old. I'm a FT student, doing PT work.

Qsn 1: When I apply next month for her extension visa (or if she passes Life in UK then ILR) my son doesn't need to be mentioned on the form. He's already a british citizen, right? he was born here and I was born here.

Qsn 2: Can I apply for housing benefit? Will that effect my wife's "no recourse to public funds" clause? Atm I'm living with my parents but want to move out. I believe that as I'm a FT student with a dependent child, that I am eligible for Housing Benefit. But my question is - will it affect my wife's restrictions??

Thanks in advance.

not sure
Newly Registered

Post by not sure » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:40 pm

helo?? :(