ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for wife of hsmp visa holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation for wife of hsmp visa holder

Post by MUGHAL » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:38 pm

hi there,
very good evening.
please it is to ask you that i moved to this country in 2004 under hsmp and my wife and kids joined me later now i have just got ILR(J.Review) for all of my family members and we are planning to apply for Natrualisation soon,
some one told me that my wife can not get registration of Naturalisation if she would not have completed 5 years in this country before application although i as principle applicant have completed 5 years here so kindly
advise me the exactly either she can be able to get reg. of Natrualisation or not.
your reply will highly be appricated from our sides please.
many thanks in advance.
kind regards.
mughal

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 am

For naturalization, residency requirement needs to met individually i.e. your wife does not automatically become naturalized if your application is successful.

The residency criteria is five years (last one year on ILR)

or

Three years with ILR on the date of application for spouse of a British citizen.

In your case I would advise you to apply for naturalization yourself and when your application is successful you wife will then be a spouse of British citizen hence only three year residence required. She can hopefully then apply straight away.