ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family sponser question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cbyrne187
Newly Registered

Family sponser question

Post by cbyrne187 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:06 am

Hi everyone,

first time I have posted so I really hope someone can help.

Myself and my girlfriend (who is Canadian) are currently finalising our paperwork for a femily sponsered visa for me to get in. The question that I have is: Can I be inside Canada whilst the application is being processed?

I have called multiple companies to ask them and they have all said that I will need to become a client, or pay a consultation fee just for a smiple answer of yes or no...!

Thank you all in advance for your time reading this, and I appreciate any reply or information that you can give that will help.

Carl

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:00 pm

you'll need to give us more info than that. Write out your story in full and we'll be able to comment more appropriately. What country are you from, what is your immigration status, exactly what visa are you apply for, etc etc..

the 2 lines you've given us is more than a little unclear

cbyrne187
Newly Registered

Post by cbyrne187 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply Gino.

I am from England and my Girlfriend is Canadian. We have been together for 2 years now and we are undergoing a family sponsorship Visa where she is sponsoring me as my common law partner. I have been assured (famous last words) that due to my job title and offer with it being on the OUP list, plus the validity of my application, that it will pass so fingers crossed that is true.

I want to know if I can be within Canada (BC) staying with her parents on “holiday termsâ€

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:28 pm

[quote="cbyrne187"]Thanks for the reply Gino.

I am from England and my Girlfriend is Canadian. We have been together for 2 years now and we are undergoing a family sponsorship Visa where she is sponsoring me as my common law partner. I have been assured (famous last words) that due to my job title and offer with it being on the OUP list, plus the validity of my application, that it will pass so fingers crossed that is true.

I want to know if I can be within Canada (BC) staying with her parents on “holiday termsâ€
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cbyrne187
Newly Registered

Post by cbyrne187 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Thankyou,

I have posted this in the correct place now.

Cheers,
Carl.