ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess at PEO Sheffield

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spartac

ILR Sucess at PEO Sheffield

Post by Spartac » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:56 pm

I got my ILR approved at the Sheffiel PEO today under the HSMP April 2009 JR arrangements.

I had a 1000 appointment so gt there by 0915 and they started the process early. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Very smooth process. They only asked for my bankstatements and employment letter. Also looked at my absences from the UK, which were 187 days. I had a letter for from the employer for all business related trips plus a more detailed list of all exit and entry dates and a calculation of days out of the UK on a spreadsheet, which they accepted and didnt ask any more questions. They said they allowed about 180 days.

The whole process took abut 2 hours and I had my passports stamped.

One question that was left unanswered. I did not get a letter stating that I am allowed to apply for UK citizenship after completing one year after the date I completed 4 years in the UK instead of completing 1 years after ILR. This is stated on the UKBA website but they did not know anything about it and asked me to contact the Citizenhip Office. Has anyone got this letter from the Home Office.

Thanks to all on the forum for your feedbakc regarding PEO appointments. It was very helpful.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm

When did you complete 4 years? If it was weeks/months ago, you should have gotten a letter stating that you are "free from immigration control" from that date. Search the forum for "backdated letter" or "backdated ILR" or ILR JR. If you are just completing four years now, it's unnecessary, they will use the date on your ILR stamp.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:58 pm

I completed 4 years in January so am entitled to that letter. They had no knowledge about it even though I showed them the extract frm UKBA's own website.

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 pm

You should have asked, i applied at Sheffield June 30, i specifically asked for the pre dated letter for myself and my dependants, and a letter was done each for them. You should have asked before leaving the building, now you have to right them.
It wont be a problem for you bcos you wont be applying for citizenship soon, so just write them, you will get it in 3 weeks the most.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 am

Me too ( with 3 dependants ) have got ILR under JR from Sheffield to day on 1/7/09 .

I submitted :

3 months payslip
12 months bank statement of salary a/c
12 months bank statement of ISA a/c ( to show my financial strength as my current earning is not strong )
P60 of 5 years
Contract of employments
Council tax bill and BT bill

The case worker was very polite. Initially he was confused of my current employments ( both part time), I saw he took help from his co worker.

I have got also a letter ( and for each of my dependants) about back dated ILR. I had completed my 4 years in November 2008.

Thanks this forum where I got lots info since I started making my initial HSMP application in 2004. Thanks also to the other forum who fought againt injustice.

Regards.