ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I apply as salaried…..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johngt
Newly Registered

Should I apply as salaried…..

Post by johngt » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:34 am

Hi,

I am the director of my own company. But I have been drawing 28000 as salary and have paid taxes up to date. Have payslips and Personal Bank statements.

Have my extension for Tire 1 General extension for the 10 th July…..

I have some questions:
1, Should I be applying as salaried as I have paid myself all as salary and no dividends.
2, is it necessary to get a letter from my accountant confirming I have drawn them as salary….as a back up document……..
3, my Jan salary there is .20 p difference between payslip and my bank statement…..if I have to get a letter from my employer…then it will be my own company…..so what should I do in this case…..may be get a letter again form the accountant confirming the difference…
4, if I apply as salaried will I be questioned anything about my company?

Please any help will be greatly appreciated….

latting
Newly Registered

Post by latting » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:25 pm

same query...

can we just simply apply as EMPLOYED to avoid complication that company's profit/loss would affect actual earnings. Also, the involvement of accountant.

addtinonal question: under Form B27- "select the applicant's main occupation"
As a director, should I choose "Corporate managers" which looks the most appropriate?

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Of course, as long as the salary you have been getting monthly/regularly include payslips, and are counted in your taxes as "income" rather than "dividends" or capital gains.

I do not believe Home Office will go through all the trouble to check if there are payslips, P60, and bank statements showing money coming in monthly/regularly, and also maybe a letter written by Human Resources from your company that you are an "employee" and being paid "xxx" a month.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:53 am

Yes you should. I applied as salaried employee through my limited co. + dividend and it's fine.

johngt
Newly Registered

Post by johngt » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Thanks for the reply's.

And the contact details on the form for the verification of the Income documents....should i be giving my accountant details ...

As in...

MyComany Name
Account Company Name
Accountant's Name
and Address and Contact info...

Is that the right thing to do?

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:04 am

johngt wrote:Thanks for the reply's.

And the contact details on the form for the verification of the Income documents....should i be giving my accountant details ...

As in...

MyComany Name
Account Company Name
Accountant's Name

No, but you need to get your accountant to give you a letter to verify your earning.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:33 am

johngt wrote:Thanks for the reply's.

As in...

MyComany Name
Account Company Name
Accountant's Name

If you are presenting yourself as salaried employee(of your own company), you just have to mention contact detail of your accountant. You don't need to provide letter from accountant as you already have corroborating Payslips+Bank statements.You can also mention in your cover letter that you are the director of the company and taking salary from the company. The same details can be verified from your accountant(when contacted by HO).Also inform your accountant that he may be contacted by Home Office for verification.