ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eu citizen travel to France or Italy with Irish husband

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JandL
Newly Registered

Non-eu citizen travel to France or Italy with Irish husband

Post by JandL » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi there,

I am a non-eu citizen (Filipino) married to an Irish citizen. We plan to travel Paris or Rome for our 2nd year anniversary. I have few queries:

Do I need a Schengen Visa application form though I will travel with my husband?
In travelling France, do they really need proof of employment, proof of address, proof of medical insurance and return ticken + hotel booking?

We are currently living with my mum-in-law but we both used address of my mum-in-law on both our tax cert & bank statements(not joint) address. Will this be ok?

Will bank statements prove that we can have sufficient financial means to support yourself during your journey ? We don't have medical insurance yet but if we apply for travel insurance, will they accept that?

How long will it take to get my visa upon application?

I hope somebody could clarify this as we really want to celebrate our anniversary in Paris or Rome.

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:35 pm

You need a Schengenvisa, but it should be issued free of charge.

They can only ask to present the passports en the marriage certificate, nothing more. And you have to declare you will travel together or are going to join your partner in France.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:46 pm

I have already provide similar answer for the OP in the Ireland forum.

Prawo i have sent you an email for advise in regards to Directive 2004/38,

Can you please help me answer it.

Regards
Obie