ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) - Documents List

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) - Documents List

Post by adhirajp.21 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 am

Hello everyone,

I will be putting in my Tier 1 (General) application on Friday, 10th July.
I understand there have some changes to Tier 1 requirements over the last few months. To be sure that I am providing the correct documents, I want some suggestions from those who have already applied or would be applying in sometime.

Here is the list of documents that I wil be handing over the Visa Application Centre -
1. vaf9 that I found on this link - http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9 (It is dated Mar'09. Is this the correct one?)
2. pbsappendix1 that I found on this link - http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1 (It is dated Apr'09. Is this the correct one?)
3. A print out of the PBS Calculator results
4. A cover letter explaining my purpose of the application and the list of documents provided
5. Original Passport (for Age)
6. Original Master's Degree Certificate and Marksheet (for Qualification)
7. Last 12 months' salalry slips stamped and signed by the payroll dept. of my office (for Previous earnings)
8. Last 12 months' Bank Account Statements (for Previous earnings)
9. Bachelor Degree Certificate and Maksheet (for English Language)
10. Letter from Bank stating that I have been holding a Savings A/C since July'07 and the minimum balance in the last 3 months have been INR XX.Y
equivalent to GBP PP.Q. Bank statements supplied earlier. (for Fund Maintenance)

I am also providing 3 additional documents (believing more proof is always better) - a Xerox of my ATM Debit Card, a printout of the 30th June OANDA exchange rate and a letter from my friend in the UK stating that he is willing to put me up when I am there.

Now the concerns I have -
1. The letter from my Bank is addressed to the British Deputy High Commission. They wont do a 'To Whom It May Concern'. Will this create a problem?
2. The above letter is dated 4th July 2009 (less than 1 month from the date of application). However, my A/C statements only show the period for which the statement is, like 1st June 09 to 30th June 09. It bears no date when it was generated.
3. My salary slips show the gross and net salary but my Bank statements show only my net (it cannot show gross). One can easily match the net figures from the two documents. Will the Assessing officer be fine with this?

I know these things have been discussed earlier in other posts. I want to ensure that my application does not get rejected just because small details were overlooked (apart from the huge fees, it might ruin my future chances of going to the UK).
I look forward to any suggestions. After all a bit of nervousness does creep in a few days before applying and it is always good that someone guides for the best of results.

Thanks in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 am

If your master's degree is lsited in PBS calculator you don;t need to submit Bachelors Degree to prove English Language eligibility.

Also HO only need Degree and not transcripts of your Masters Degree.

Additional documents sometimes cause problem and raises doubt in case worker's mind. Better provide documents which are asked. Concise application are easy to go through.
10. Letter from Bank stating that I have been holding a Savings A/C since July'07 and the minimum balance in the last 3 months have been INR XX.Y
equivalent to GBP PP.Q. Bank statements supplied earlier. (for Fund Maintenance)
You have to provide this letter for only three months before the application. Make sure you also mention that the balance in your account never went below the XXXX amount anytime in last three months.
1. The letter from my Bank is addressed to the British Deputy High Commission. They wont do a 'To Whom It May Concern'. Will this create a problem?
This will be fine. Make sure letter is issued withing the 30 days of your application date.
2. The above letter is dated 4th July 2009 (less than 1 month from the date of application). However, my A/C statements only show the period for which the statement is, like 1st June 09 to 30th June 09. It bears no date when it was generated.
I think this should be fine. I hope these statements have Bank Logo, your account details, your name, etc. Signed and stamped(?)
3. My salary slips show the gross and net salary but my Bank statements show only my net (it cannot show gross). One can easily match the net figures from the two documents. Will the Assessing officer be fine with this?
This is fine.

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Post by adhirajp.21 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks so much. That was a great help.

Yes. My statements have the Bank logo, my name and account no. I have also got them stamped and signed from the branch.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:07 pm

adhirajp.21 wrote:Thanks so much. That was a great help.

Yes. My statements have the Bank logo, my name and account no. I have also got them stamped and signed from the branch.
You are good to go.

Intelarch
Newly Registered

Post by Intelarch » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi

can you please help me out?

Firstly, do BHC for maintainance fund consideres the cumulative amount held in 2 separate back accounts (different banks) of the applicant. ...is it acceptable?

Secondly, I have received itemised bank statements from both the banks but the one from HDFC is dot matrix print on plain white sheet stamped and signed by bank executive with no logo on the sheet but having my name, date of print, address of branch (no name) and period of statement...Will this work?

hoping to hear soon!

Regards

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Intelarch wrote:Hi

can you please help me out?

Firstly, do BHC for maintainance fund consideres the cumulative amount held in 2 separate back accounts (different banks) of the applicant. ...is it acceptable?

Secondly, I have received itemised bank statements from both the banks but the one from HDFC is dot matrix print on plain white sheet stamped and signed by bank executive with no logo on the sheet but having my name, date of print, address of branch (no name) and period of statement...Will this work?

hoping to hear soon!

Regards
BHC do accept amount held in multiple bank account. Also get a letter from the bank stating that you have maintained X amount in your bank since Y-date to present. Get from all the account holding banks. Although a proper bank statement is accepted but few incidences are there where only genuine bank statements were not accepted.In that case, letter from bank will verify the bank statement.

Intelarch
Newly Registered

ageing problem....

Post by Intelarch » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi Chetan...thankyou for your advice regading bank statements. But HDFC bank has refused to give bank statement on letterhead or a letter stating min. balance, but the bank manager will sign the statements...I hope that will do.

There is one more concern. that is age. I am going to be 28 in months time, is there a rule that puts a limit on the time before I can claim points for my age.

Please reply!

Regards

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: ageing problem....

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Intelarch wrote:Hi Chetan...thankyou for your advice regading bank statements. But HDFC bank has refused to give bank statement on letterhead or a letter stating min. balance, but the bank manager will sign the statements...I hope that will do.

There is one more concern. that is age. I am going to be 28 in months time, is there a rule that puts a limit on the time before I can claim points for my age.

Please reply!

Regards
HDFC is legally obliged to give your written confirmation of the money held in the account. You just need to persuade them properly. If you can't get statement on letter head, get statement signed and stamped by manager along with the letter from the bank stating/verifying the statements.You don't want to be in a situation when HO cannot verify your statement in absence of letter.