ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation letter from the university [Part 3 Institution]

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AlexanderK
Newly Registered

Confirmation letter from the university [Part 3 Institution]

Post by AlexanderK » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi, guys. I've searched through the forum but found few threads on this topic.

The question I have is this:

There is a requirement (Part 3 of the Self-Assessment Appendix "Institution") to provide an original letter from an academic institution confirming that it is a "recognised or listed body" or holds a "Tier 4 sponsor license".

I graduated from the University of Birmingham, which obviously is a recognised educational body. This is confirmed by the official Points-based Calculator's guidence, which states that "All United Kingdom universities ... are recognised bodies".

Should I still provide an explicit confirmation of the university's status, or will the degree certificate suffice?

I am asking because I apply from my home country and it will take quite a while for such a letter of confirmation to be issued and delivered to me from the UK.

Is there, perhaps, anyone here who was in a similar situation? If so, I would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Thanks!
Last edited by AlexanderK on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koolbone

Re: Confirmation letter from the university [Part 3 Institut

Post by koolbone » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:03 pm

AlexanderK wrote:Hi, guys. I've searched through the forum but found few threads on this topic.

The question I have is this:

There is a requirement (Part 3 of the Self-Assessment Appendix "Institution") to provide an original letter from an academic institution confirming that it is a "recognised or listed body" or holds a "Tier 4 sponsor license".

I graduated from the University of Birmingham, which obviously is a recognised educational body. This is confirmed by the official Points-based Calculator's guidence, which states that "All United Kingdom universities ... are recognised bodies".

Should I still provide an explicit confirmation of the university's status, or will the degree certificate suffice?

I am asking because I apply from my home country and it will take quite a while for such a letter of confirmation to be issued and delivered to me from the UK.

Perhaps, someone here was in a similar situation? If so, I would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Thanks!
Of course the University of Birmingham is a recognised body, as such, you don't need to supply any additional letter to confirm your university's status.
All you need to apply are your up-to-date bank statements, your degree certificate and the original letter from your university confirming your award.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Confirmation letter from the university [Part 3 Institut

Post by jack199 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:42 am

You can request a PSW letter from your university. Its a standard letter that confirms details about you and also about the university. All Major universities have generic PSW letter which they can issue to their students to confirm university's licence registration and also that you have been studying there and what course you have completed.

Hope that helps