ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET-O Success at Birmingham PEO on 3/7/09

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs11
Newly Registered

Post by vs11 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:37 pm

I applied under HSMP judical review completed 4ys of HSMP- worked as doctor in NHS in continuous employement

Documents i was asked
- Application
- Photos X2 for me, wife and daughter
- P60 For last 4 yrs
- Pay slips for last 3months only

He asked me the number days of abscence from country which was 52days in last 4 yrs and when were the photos taken - said 2 days back- No Other questions were asked.

Saw my wife and daughter and sent them away to waiting area - i think taking family is not necessary

No other documents were asked at all - not even pay slip or employement letter or utility bills or etc

The Officer was an indian looking guy, normally it takes them around 30mins to do some checks on the computer and after checks he said it should be fine but they will still take 2-3 hrs to do some more checks to finally stamp the ILR status.
Asked to pay £1120 which i paid by cash just to avoid problems of card machine not working - stories i saw in this forum

Waited for >3hrs and finally got the ILR Stamped in all the three passports.

Birmingham PEO is excellent- friendly environment, not crowded, good facilities - parking lot just behind the office and to relax Jimmys Spice restaurant just in front and the town centre on the right to spend more time.

Very good forum and going through all the previous experiences i had taken lot of documents but none were necessary
Thank you for all your excellent guidance in the forum

Good luck to rest to you all

VS11

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: ILR SET-O Success at Birmingham PEO on 3/7/09

Post by justice_will_reign » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:24 pm

vs11 wrote:ILR SET-O Success at Birmingham PEO on 3/7/09

Good luck to rest to you all

VS11
Congratulation.....when did you completed your 4 years?

th

Post by th » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:33 pm

Is parking there chargeable?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Car park chargeable ..... see this Solihull Council webpage.

The car park at the back of the PEO is Dominion Court, but also, quite near, is Touchwood, which I suggest might be better. The reason I say that is that with Touchwood you pay just before exiting, but Dominion Court is Pay & Display .... but how much time do you need to buy?
John

th

Post by th » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:58 pm

John wrote:Car park chargeable ..... see this Solihull Council webpage.

The car park at the back of the PEO is Dominion Court, but also, quite near, is Touchwood, which I suggest might be better. The reason I say that is that with Touchwood you pay just before exiting, but Dominion Court is Pay & Display .... but how much time do you need to buy?
Thanks for the info John.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 am

Many congratulations. Did you get a letter for the back-dated ILR? I got my ILR at the Sheffield PEO last week based on the HSMP JR and the caseworker had no idea about issuing me with such a letter. Now I have had to write to them to send me that letter.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:25 pm

There is free street parking if you're happy to walk a little bit.

I parked on Beauchamp Road - search for Solihull here.

http://www.freeparkingspace.co.uk/

:D

th

Post by th » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:01 am

rg1 wrote:There is free street parking if you're happy to walk a little bit.

I parked on Beauchamp Road - search for Solihull here.

http://www.freeparkingspace.co.uk/

:D
That's useful rg1, however sounds like paying £4.80 would be my preferred option especially not if it is so hot like this week and out there at 30 deg C.