ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test for dependents under HSMP ILR JR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Accountant
Newly Registered

Life in UK test for dependents under HSMP ILR JR

Post by Accountant » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:11 pm

Can anybody tell me whether dependent spouse need to pass KOL test for ILR under HSMP JR?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Life in UK test for dependents under HSMP ILR JR

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Accountant wrote:Can anybody tell me whether dependent spouse need to pass KOL test for ILR under HSMP JR?
Yes.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:16 am

Accountant wrote:Can anybody tell me whether dependent spouse need to pass KOL test for ILR under HSMP JR?
NO ...main applicant or dependent ILR under HSMP JR do NOT need to do/pass the test (depending on ur circumstances: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... 9/#header1) but will be required when you're applying for naturalisation.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:23 pm

To what i know any one covered under HSMP JR (Pre April06 and Pre Nov 06) are NOT required to pass life in UK test...

How ever this is a requirement for citizenship..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm

nksg wrote:To what i know any one covered under HSMP JR (Pre April06 and Pre Nov 06) are NOT required to pass life in UK test...

I am under impression that while booking appointment for ILR, they ask your for Life In UK test. You cannot book appointment unless you have cleared the test.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm

chetanojha wrote:
nksg wrote:To what i know any one covered under HSMP JR (Pre April06 and Pre Nov 06) are NOT required to pass life in UK test...

I am under impression that while booking appointment for ILR, they ask your for Life In UK test. You cannot book appointment unless you have cleared the test.
When you call once you tell them you are applying under the JR the issue of LIUK test wont be requested.

I applied under JR (June 2/3), was not asked for test for neither myself nor my spouse when i made the booking and also at the peo

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:14 pm

f2k wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

When you call once you tell them you are applying under the JR the issue of LIUK test wont be requested.

I applied under JR (June 2/3), was not asked for test for neither myself nor my spouse when i made the booking and also at the peo
Aah....Thanks.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Chetan,

Please refer to the link below for more details:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... 9/#header1

You are eligible to settle in the United Kingdom when you have completed four years' continuous residence in relevant immigration routes. You do not need to meet the 'Knowledge of language and life in the UK' requirement as part of your settlement application.

chetanojha wrote:

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:30 pm

nksg wrote:Hi Chetan,

Please refer to the link below for more details:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... 9/#header1

You are eligible to settle in the United Kingdom when you have completed four years' continuous residence in relevant immigration routes. You do not need to meet the 'Knowledge of language and life in the UK' requirement as part of your settlement application.

chetanojha wrote:

Agreed. I was confused with JR part. Thanks.

Accountant
Newly Registered

Post by Accountant » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Many many thanks to all. I will post my story (which is very interesting) very soon.

vj
Newly Registered

Post by vj » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Guys,

First and foremost thanks for timely assistance. Can anyone please tell me is it necessary to pass Life in the uk test for me and my dependents while applying for citizenship. Me and my dependents are on ILR and fall under HSMP JR category.

Looking forward for savvy opinions.

Thanks and regards,
vj.

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Could you please tell me if it is required to write life in uk test for dependants of people covered under ILR JR (HSMP approved before Nov 2006).

As per my understanding from customer services it is required to write the Life in the UK test for ILR JR dependants, but just wanted confirmation from others who have applied recently under this category.

Thanks.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 am

you dont need to pass Life in UK Test for settlement if you are under JR ...However you would need to pass the test when you apply for naturalisation(British Citizenship)

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks gaurav76.5.