ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa form filling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmm

visa form filling

Post by hmm » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:55 pm

A quick question about sponsoring an elderly parent and filling up VAF 4 form.

We'd like both me and my hubby to be the sponsor, so can use both of us salary, etc, how can we put that down in the form? it asks the detail about only one sponsor, there is no questions about joint sponsors or anything.

please advise

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm

There is no need for joint sponsorship.

One of you acts as the main sponsor ( preferably your husband).

In the accompanying sponsorship letter that you will need to send to the applicant, you can state that both you and your husband work and are in a good position to financially support the application of your elderly parent.

However the main reason you have to prove is not to with the financial support, but with good enough reasons why your parents will return back to where they came from.

If you want a standard sponsorship declaration form and how to word the sponsorship letter pm your email address and I will send it to you.

hmm

Post by hmm » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 pm

batleykhan,
Thanks for your reply. have just pm my e-mail address to you. look forward to receive the sample letters.

Parent is notreturning, going to apply for a settlement visa, hence VAF 4 form.
question 8.7.11: Does your sponsor receive income from any other sources, includingfamily and friends?
answerto the abovequestion should be NO or shall we say yes, itis from my wife and it is £xxxx per month. Both of our salary paid in to his bank account anyway.

question 8.7.15: how much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?
answer: should be include total family spending or just my husband's spending?

It is a good idea to write a supporting letter. will do that.
thx

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:57 pm

emailed you th sponsor letter and declaration.

Sorry I thought your parent were coming as visitors not as dependants.

Do you relise this is extremely hard. There are very very strict conditions to this type of visa.

See this link for conditions

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... prelatives

As regards
question 8.7.11: Does your sponsor receive income from any other sources, includingfamily and friends?
answerto the abovequestion should be NO or shall we say yes, itis from my wife and it is £xxxx per month. Both of our salary paid in to his bank account anyway.

question 8.7.15: how much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?answer: should be include total family spending or just my husband's spending?

It is a good idea to write a supporting letter. will do that. Yes
thx

lahore_guy
Newly Registered

Post by lahore_guy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:04 pm

batleykhan wrote:

question 8.7.15: how much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?answer: should be include total family spending or just my husband's spending?

It is a good idea to write a supporting letter. will do that. Yes
thx
i think the answer of question 8.7.11: should be YES (from wife) and writing Yes will look more realistic.... as the wife's bank statement might be showing transactions of living expenses...etc and will also prove that both husband and wife share the living expense which will also justify the next question 8.7.15 and both husband and wife specially the main sponsor can easily prove that he have savings (logically) in accounts and he is in the position to meet the expense of the applicant.

i personally filled the above when i applied for a visit visa (tourism purpose) last year.

filling up a form is the most important stage so plz b4 u act on any advise do a good research as every one has a different situation

lets see if any one else post his experience here????

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:51 am

When they say family and friend, it does not include ones wife or husband as husband or wife's married to each other and living in the same household counts as one. They income counts as one.

It means do you get financial help from extended members of your family, ie brother, father, uncles , in laws etc.

In the accompanying letter you can state that both husband and wife have joint income of what ever amount. You take a big risk by ticking the Yes column and they might deduce from that , you don't have sufficient funds and are relying on others to help you.

hmm

Post by hmm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks for sending me the sample letters.
batleykhan wrote:When they say family and friend, it does not include ones wife or husband as husband or wife's married to each other and living in the same household counts as one. They income counts as one.

It means do you get financial help from extended members of your family, ie brother, father, uncles , in laws etc.

In the accompanying letter you can state that both husband and wife have joint income of what ever amount. You take a big risk by ticking the Yes column and they might deduce from that , you don't have sufficient funds and are relying on others to help you.
That's exactly what I am worried about. is spouse count as family? who knows what ECO thinks and do. Is it worth adding up both of us salary and put it uder 'sponsor's income' question? I reckon the form needs to be re-written or the guide lines needs to be clear.

I know getting a settlement visa for an elderly parent is difficult but don't have any other choice. I believe we've more chance of getting a settlement visa than a visit visa. In the future we want her over here permanently. Applying for a visit visa will destroy the chance of applying for a settlement visa in the future (when she is 65), vice versa.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:18 am

Is it worth adding up both of us salary and put it uder 'sponsor's income' question?
Definetly not.That will just make the matter worst.

Just explain in the accompanying letter that you are going to send in support of her application stating that both the sponsor ( your husband) and you as his wife and the daughter of the applicant are both working and have a combine salary of whatever amount which would be sufficient to support the applicant without recourse to public funds.

I still think you are worrying about this specific matter more than you need to do. I think this is not going to be your main problem.

Your main problem is going to be to prove that your parent is living in the "most of exceptional circumstances" and thus deserves a visa to come and live with you. I would think about that more than the problem about your finances