ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Update

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ispno1

HSMP Update

Post by ispno1 » Wed May 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi guys

i have emailed the HSMP people thrice and i dont even receive a response as to the status of my application. Has anyone else from this forum whos in the pre November applications also sent an email asking about there application status and not received a reply?

topoftheworld

Post by topoftheworld » Thu May 26, 2005 4:11 pm

You may receive a standard (automated) response to your email(s).

The best thing to do is - call them up.

I did the same (during Jan05) and got my decision.

(I know, getting thru the telephone number immensely painful, but keep trying and u will get thru)
Happy redialing !! :wink:

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Thu May 26, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi,
It is difficult to have telephonic contact with HSMP team.Use this email address....wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I always got response from these people.Without any doubt they are very co-operative and polite people.
second option is to use fax # 00441142593827

Hoope this will help.

ME

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Thu May 26, 2005 6:08 pm

thanks for the support and help. Mechanical ill try this email address as well. but just to let u know i dont even get an autonated response. the address i have been using is this one :

hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

ill try faxing them as well. btw has anyone sent in an urgent request form with the reason that the time since the application was lodged has been more than 8 or 9 months? This question is for all pre november applicants as i think that if someone has sent in such a request and has had his case processed earlier we should all do it and see if we get any response.

Jama

Post by Jama » Sat May 28, 2005 7:49 am

I have been waiting for more than 9 months now and applied for urgent treatment of my application. The reason I put was that I have missed humber of job opportunities, which is true. I tried to be nice and polite.... Still waiting for their reply. Do not know if it was a valid reason for urgent treatment though. On the other hand, waiting for almost 10 months is a valid reason itself....

Do not you agree friends? :?

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Sun May 29, 2005 8:00 am

Dear Jama

Thanks for sharing your info.do please keep us informed on ur application status. If your urgent treatment form works than at least ill be putting in my urgent treatment form as well and i recommend to others as well to do so if such a long time has lapsed since there applications.

Thanks and Regards

tlee
Newly Registered

Are HND holders considered

Post by tlee » Sun May 29, 2005 11:32 am

Hi guys, nice reading all those nice contributions from you. Can any one confirm to me if HO considers those that have HND in Accounting and is also a Chartered Accountant when applying. Because I read somewhere that HND holders are not considered because they are not graduates.

Can this statement be true. Please I need everyone's candid opinion or experiences on this issue. Many thanks

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Sun May 29, 2005 7:27 pm

Can you clarify what do u mean by HND?

Jama

Post by Jama » Mon May 30, 2005 9:47 am

Dear ispno1,

When I called them I have been told that they will consider my application within a week. It was the 20th of May. Today is the 30th. I am still waiting. :? Tried to call them today, kept redialing for 30 -40 mins, with no success.

I wonder if what i said was a valid reason for urgent treatment. I will keep you informed and you are right if it works you can do the same!!! :D

Regards & Good luck,

Jama

tlee
Newly Registered

Post by tlee » Mon May 30, 2005 12:00 pm

Dear ispno1,

Thanks for your response. The HND qualification is a Higher National Diploma in Accounting. HND is a two-year programme after first completing a two-year OND (Ordinary National Diploma) and a compulsory one year industrial attachment. At the end of the day, you spend a total of five years before obtaining the HND.

Hope this will help.

Yinkuze

Post by Yinkuze » Mon May 30, 2005 12:29 pm

NARIC classifies HND as equal to BTech, so not graduate level
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Mon May 30, 2005 6:56 pm

Tlee

as far as i know if you are a Chartered Accountant than you are most likely to claim Masters level points for education and will get them. But this depends which country have u got your chartered Accountancy so do let us know what is ur exact qualification and location etc.

Jama

thanks for the response and update on ur situation. Can you kindly tell us the exact timeline of ur application as to when did u submit and the first few digits of ur reference no.

Thanks

tlee
Newly Registered

Post by tlee » Mon May 30, 2005 10:53 pm

ispno1

Thanks. My location is Nigeria and I got qualified with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria in 1996 and got the Higher National Diploma in Accounting in 1992. I claimed points under the graduate qualification level since I only have HND and ACA (professional qualification for accountants). Do you guys still thinks my qualifications will be considered based on your experiences?

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:33 am

tlee

i dont know whether the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria is recognised as an equivalent level by ny of the following UK chartered accountancy bodies namely ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS etc. If they consider ur chrtered accountancy equivalent then u can claim masters level of points i.e 25. But even if u dont claim any points under the education and fulfill the points criteria i.e equal to or more than 65 points u can apply undert the HSMP programme. hope this helps. Just to let u know i know lots of people at least from Pakistan who were chartered accountts of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and they got 25 poitns for that.

Regards

Yinkuze

Post by Yinkuze » Tue May 31, 2005 9:46 am

as far as i know, ICAN's ACA in Nigeria is not equivalent to ICAEW's ACA, or ACCA of UK by NARIC standard, if u have ACA from Nigeria u still write some exams to qualify as ACA or ACCA in the UK and HMSP team seems to know that, unlike in some other counties thet has reciprocal arangement with ICAEW or ACA i.e when u write and pass the local chartered accountancy qualification then u also qualify to praitce as a qualified accounta t ACA, CIMA or ACCA in the UK. Nigeria doesnt seem to be one o those country.

I have also read in one of these forums where someone who has HND, ACA in Nigeria got 0 points in Eduication category

hope this clarifies ur querry
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue May 31, 2005 1:48 pm

ispno1 wrote:tlee

i dont know whether the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria is recognised as an equivalent level by ny of the following UK chartered accountancy bodies namely ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS etc. If they consider ur chrtered accountancy equivalent then u can claim masters level of points i.e 25. But even if u dont claim any points under the education and fulfill the points criteria i.e equal to or more than 65 points u can apply undert the HSMP programme. hope this helps. Just to let u know i know lots of people at least from Pakistan who were chartered accountts of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and they got 25 poitns for that.

Regards
IMHO HND will not score any points, best thing to do is to verify it with NARIC, while I know there are a lot of Chartered accountants who might have received HSMP approval it doesn’t necessarily mean they got 15 or 25 points for HND, some (most) of them are actually highly experienced and highly paid and these sectors may be were they scored all the points. Remember the approval letter for a successful applicant doesn’t say were you have scored points from

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Tue May 31, 2005 6:11 pm

f2k

i agree with u that there is no definite proof that if ur HND u can claim any points for education or not. But i personally know many people who only claimed 65 points and under those 65 points they claimed 25 points for masters level while they were either members of the Insitute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Insititute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan or were ACCA qualified outside of UK. So if they got their approval than definitely if you hold any of these following qualifications u can claim 25 points for masters level of education.

Yinkuze

u wud be more informed as to the status of the ICAN ( i.e Nigeria). thansk for helping out tlee.

Regards

Jama

Post by Jama » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:45 am

Hi Ispno1,

I a September applicant, my application was received by the HO on the 10th of September. The first three digits of my ref number are 026

Hope this helps,
Take care all :D

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:30 am

Thanks do keep us uptodate on ur application status

tlee
Newly Registered

Post by tlee » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:53 am

My thanks goes to everybody for their contributions to my question. I am an oct04 applicant and my ref. is 0291xx. I claimed 15 points for my educational qualification (which I said was HND and ACA, but having read through your contributions I can only hope for the best. I have had my HND about 13 years ago and my ACA 9 years ago.

Just hoping that HO will consider my qualification.