ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance question

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Biswanath

Maintenance question

Post by Biswanath » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Hello there I hv a question related to the maintenance. One of my friends posted the psw application on 31st of Oct,2008 (Friday).The maintenance rule activated from 1st of Nov,2008 (Satday). HO received the application on 3rd of Nov (Monday).Could anyone plz tell me for the maintenance rule which date will be considered, the posting date or the date when application has been received by the HO? My friend is bit worried about the issue.

You advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:09 pm

The following information is from the PSW guidence,

Date of application

43. The date of application will be taken to
be the following:

For applications made in the UK:
• Where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or

Where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border Agency of the Home Office;

So if your application is delivered by post then it shud be the 31st Oct and not the 1st Nov but u kno wat caseworkers are like. I wud suggest you to keep the receipt of posting the application. In case they refuse the application so u will have the proof of posting on the 31st.

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:52 pm

ash786 wrote:The following information is from the PSW guidence,

Date of application

43. The date of application will be taken to
be the following:

For applications made in the UK:
• Where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or

Where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border Agency of the Home Office;

So if your application is delivered by post then it shud be the 31st Oct and not the 1st Nov but u kno wat caseworkers are like. I wud suggest you to keep the receipt of posting the application. In case they refuse the application so u will have the proof of posting on the 31st.
Thank you very much indeed.Yes my friend has retained the receipt.He is aware of the caseworkers' decision.Caseworkers' often do mistakes when they take the decision of an application.Good luck for your visa.