ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keikeichris

PSW Dependent

Post by keikeichris » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi there

I am Chris and I am holding a PSW until 2011. And my partner who is holding a student VISA (UK)and will finish in OCT are thinking of staying here for longer, I wonder if she can apply PSW as my Dependent. But the thing is we are not married yet, do you think this is impossible?

Thx
Chris

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:07 am

If she is married to you or have evidence of being your unmarried partner, then she may apply for entry clearance as your dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jibso_00
Newly Registered

how much fund

Post by jibso_00 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 pm

hi,i have the same problem . i just got my PSW visa yesterday, my partner has a diploma but homeoffice they dont give any PSW for diploma courses. so his student visa is gonna expiry in september. we want to apply dependat visa. we have been living more than 3 years. can he get the visa.? can he apply in uk or he has to go back to his home country?

we have a joint account home much fund we should show??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:49 pm

jibso_00 wrote:hi,i have the same problem . i just got my PSW visa yesterday, my partner has a diploma but homeoffice they dont give any PSW for diploma courses. so his student visa is gonna expiry in september. we want to apply dependat visa. we have been living more than 3 years. can he get the visa.? can he apply in uk or he has to go back to his home country?
Cannot apply in the UK.
Switching into the dependant route wrote:This page explains that you may only apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a post-study worker (Tier 1 Post-study work) if you currently have permission to stay in the United Kingdom as their dependant and they are applying to switch into this category...
jibso_00 wrote:we have a joint account home much fund we should show??
Can my dependants join me in the UK? and What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.