ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General-maintanance and previous earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chidol4u
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General-maintanance and previous earning

Post by chidol4u » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Can anyone please advice me

I have two bank accounts,a savings and current account.I use my current account to trade once in a while and I occasionally go overdraft on it as the overdraft facility I have with the bank provides me with additional funds for my trade.I've been doing this until about mid-last month.I've maintained at least 1000 pounds in my savings account for the past 3 months.However,I can't avoid presenting my current account because my monthly wages go into that account.

My question is,will HO consider my cumulative balance btw both accounts over the past 3 months or will they only consider the balance in my savings account which is what I intend to submit as my maintenance supporting document?I've written a cover letter stating categorically that my savings account is my supporting document for my maintenance fund.I avoided any transactions with my savings account just so it doesn't seem like I'm shifting funds about except from the monthly savings that go into my savings account every month and have done so for almost 1 yr now.Has anyone in the forum been faced with a similar situation,if yes can you please give me some advice on how you went about yours or how you plan to go about yours

I have even thought of submitting invoices for the goods I purchased over the past few months and referencing them to the debits in my bank account just to prove my financial situation.I don't know if this is an overkill and if it might complicate my application

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 General-maintanance and previous earning

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am

chidol4u wrote:Can anyone please advice me

I have two bank accounts,a savings and current account.I use my current account to trade once in a while and I occasionally go overdraft on it as the overdraft facility I have with the bank provides me with additional funds for my trade.I've been doing this until about mid-last month.I've maintained at least 1000 pounds in my savings account for the past 3 months.However,I can't avoid presenting my current account because my monthly wages go into that account.

My question is,will HO consider my cumulative balance btw both accounts over the past 3 months or will they only consider the balance in my savings account which is what I intend to submit as my maintenance supporting document?I've written a cover letter stating categorically that my savings account is my supporting document for my maintenance fund.I avoided any transactions with my savings account just so it doesn't seem like I'm shifting funds about except from the monthly savings that go into my savings account every month and have done so for almost 1 yr now.Has anyone in the forum been faced with a similar situation,if yes can you please give me some advice on how you went about yours or how you plan to go about yours

I have even thought of submitting invoices for the goods I purchased over the past few months and referencing them to the debits in my bank account just to prove my financial situation.I don't know if this is an overkill and if it might complicate my application
If you are the lone applicant in UK applying for your Tier1G.. you are absolutely OK to go ahead and apply as regards with the mainteannce funds...

You did the right thing in explainig that your savings account shd be considered fro the mainteannce funds.. and i dont think you shd start try to explain your debit free life and dont worry abt your current trading account... it shd not matter

just make sure you mention that ur current account shd be used for the earnings proof wehere ur salary is credited and savings account for maintenance fudns proof...